Cricket > England Test

2nd Test

(1/9) > >>

Bath Hammer:
I do hope this will be a competitive test series but England losing a match they should have won 9 times out of 10 puts us on the back feet. Putting Australia in in favourable bowling conditions & them already being 330 for only 5 down doesn’t bode at all well. We will need several of our batsmen to really step up in their bazball manner plus a good dose of luck!

bwildered:
 Bazball bowling can have just a effect of a game has batting. Winning the toss and bowling in very favourable conditions was a must in getting back in the Test series after the first test defeat. Suggest 250 should have been a maximum total, but without bowling tight lines the horse has already bolted.
Can only hope we can match first innings total and take it from there, otherwise the Ashes will be over before it has begun.

oldhasbeen:
Very disappointing bowling effort. Twelve no balls, from hugely experienced bowlers, and after 23 in the first Test - this is not good enough!
Robinson looked like a medium pace trundler. Broad bowled  far too many juicy half volleys.  Anderson accurate but not very threatening Stokes clearly not fit.

We can cut Tongue a bit of slack as this is only his second Test, and the Aussies had a few more lucky moments than on average; one bowler having a badly sub-par day often happens, but when the whole attack does, you've got to ask some questions about preparations & selection.

For once, I think Vaughan and Peterson were talking some sense.

nat:

--- Quote from: oldhasbeen on June 29, 2023, 08:09:06 AM ---Very disappointing bowling effort. Twelve no balls, from hugely experienced bowlers, and after 23 in the first Test - this is not good enough!
Robinson looked like a medium pace trundler. Broad bowled  far too many juicy half volleys.  Anderson accurate but not very threatening Stokes clearly not fit.

We can cut Tongue a bit of slack as this is only his second Test, and the Aussies had a few more lucky moments than on average; one bowler having a badly sub-par day often happens, but when the whole attack does, you've got to ask some questions about preparations & selection.

For once, I think Vaughan and Peterson were talking some sense.

--- End quote ---

Yep. Consign bazzball to the bin where it belongs.

Bath Hammer:

--- Quote from: nat on June 29, 2023, 08:53:28 AM ---Yep. Consign bazzball to the bin where it belongs.

--- End quote ---

I don’t see the logic in that. We weren’t exactly successful before that began were we? Bazzball  doesn’t involve bowling loosely, no balls, half volleys & dropping catches. I reckon Australia will score around 500. We might as well adopt the bazzball approach in an effort to get anywhere near that. It’s just as likely to succeed as the attritional approach. In reality we performed above ourselves in that run of wins & the euphoria carried us through. That’s not enough against a really good side like Australia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version