Author Topic: Abi Dhabi T10 League  (Read 586 times)

Online JasonP

Abi Dhabi T10 League
« on: November 24, 2022, 06:09:23 PM »
Turned on Sky Cricket just after the football and the first thing I saw was Michael Pepper walking off after being dismissed.  It appears that both he and Rossington are playing in the Abu Dhabi T10 league along with a number of other English players.  Sam Cook was supposed to be playing as well but as he's playing for England Lions against England at the moment then I'm not sure that will happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO55790

Offline dazedpenguin

Re: Abi Dhabi T10 League
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 07:46:10 PM »
Dan Lawrence is also in the Chennai Braves squad with Pepper, Rossington and Cook, so I might even watch their next game if they are all involved. Not a great game to be a bowler though, but a fun pay day all around.

I guess Sam and Dan will just stay in Abu Dhabi after the warm up game. Unless they get called up into the main squad of course, which I think is unlikely for the Pakistan tour (I could see Cook getting picked for the NZ tour).

Online nat

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 10:27:22 PM »
It ain't cricket bro.

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 09:04:44 AM »
The T10 doesn't pretend to be anything it's not- unlike the Hundred. Of course it's not real cricket, but it is a bit of fun. I just wouldn't want to be a bowler.

Offline Caughtright

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 11:04:00 AM »
Speaking of Abu Dhabi, does anyone know why th third day of the Lions/England game seems tohave been abandoned as a draw, according to the media reports which I have read? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Or just barking ... ?

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 11:18:47 AM »
I was wondering too, I got an alert on my phone saying it was drawn. This was posted by Will Macpherson on Twitter:

"The third and final day of England’s warm up match against the Lions is not happening. They are training for a couple of hours instead, with a bit of middle practice. Seem to think they got what they needed from a day of batting and a day of bowling."

So no more wickets for Sam.

Offline bobw

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2022, 11:47:09 AM »
All in line with the ECB reasoning. They need more time to rest. Afterall they spent one whole day in the field each.

Offline Caughtright

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2022, 01:21:22 PM »
Thank you, Dazed Penguin. At least the match was not first class, so no damage to Dan's or Sam's career averages!