Author Topic: 2nd X1 bowlers  (Read 624 times)

Offline holidave

2nd X1 bowlers
« on: July 18, 2022, 07:14:43 PM »
I see that Essex are trialing a Quick from Notts./Yorks./Leics. called Khan and a South African/New Zealander from Bellus CC called Tooley.
Does anyone what's happened to Kalley, Plom, Nijjar, Allison and Richards some of whom have not been seen in the 2nds. for some time?

Offline dazedpenguin

Re: 2nd X1 bowlers
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2022, 08:03:50 PM »
No idea, I was wondering the same- particularly about Kalley and Plom. Kalley was talked up by the bowling coach at the start of the season but his last match in Cricinfo is a 2nds game back in April. Plom played for the 2nds in June. Nijjar, Allison and Richards aren't in the 1st XI squad so they should be available barring injuries.

Offline Crisp

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 07:23:29 AM »
Kalley has been injured and should be back soon according to Barry Hyam.
Plom, unsure but was 12th man in the games that I saw the second eleven in the 20/20, which says where his future is going.
Allison was playing regular 2nds cricket up until this game at Billericay.
Nijjar is probably going with the firsts as 12th man as he seems to have that gig regularly along with Pepper.
Richards has done nothing all season and deserves to be dropped.

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 10:22:37 AM »
Thanks Crisp. A shame about Kalley and I hope he gets back in time to be in contention for the 50 over games.

Looking at the stats (and some of the coverage), Richards has done ok in his first season and has lots of potential as an allrounder. Let's hope he lives up to it.

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 07:49:35 PM »
Hasn't Ben's brother Charlie been playing 2nds? He captains the Royal Hospital School team where Napier is head of cricket.

Offline nat

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2022, 07:56:36 PM »
Hasn't Ben's brother Charlie been playing 2nds? He captains the Royal Hospital School team where Napier is head of cricket.
Yep.