Author Topic: Surrey at New Malden  (Read 571 times)

Offline Crisp

Surrey at New Malden
« on: May 10, 2022, 08:08:57 AM »
I travelled to New Malden yesterday, thought we may see Nick Browne opening as its 10 days until Old Trafford and he is out of form but no, Rymell and Pepper open, both of which I feel are better suited as mid order batsman.
Anyway with Robin Das again the only real shining light managing 51, and Jamie having a few spanks at the end the usual Essex story of 188 all out continues.
The positive was the bowling of Porter who did get a couple of wickets, looking a bit more settled in his rhythm and Allison who was slightly unlucky not to get a wicket.
Jack Plom and Jamal Richards have continued where they have been all season, going all around the park for plenty.

Offline nat

Re: Surrey at New Malden
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 08:31:27 AM »
You travelled to watch Nick Browne bat?! Are you related?

Offline Crisp

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 10:22:00 AM »
You travelled to watch Nick Browne bat?! Are you related?
Haha, just amazed that he wasnt playing, ideal opportunity wasted yet again

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 12:21:48 PM »
I travelled to New Malden yesterday, thought we may see Nick Browne opening as its 10 days until Old Trafford and he is out of form but no, Rymell and Pepper open, both of which I feel are better suited as mid order batsman.
Anyway with Robin Das again the only real shining light managing 51, and Jamie having a few spanks at the end the usual Essex story of 188 all out continues.
The positive was the bowling of Porter who did get a couple of wickets, looking a bit more settled in his rhythm and Allison who was slightly unlucky not to get a wicket.
Jack Plom and Jamal Richards have continued where they have been all season, going all around the park for plenty.

5 wickets for Porter today, which is an encouraging sign. Also 2 for Allison and Richards- albeit a bit expensive.

Offline Perov

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 12:53:59 PM »
I note that Pepper is keeping wicket again. I thought he was giving up the gloves.
Good to see Porter getting some wickets and Allison who I still feel has some potential. I have never been keen on Plom who only bowled 5 overs.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 01:41:01 PM »
Thanks for the updates. It is interesting to know who is doing well or not. Perhaps our Aussie can have a strategic injury to rule him out of the next game?

Offline kingstonj1

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 09:43:53 PM »
Assume it means Browne plays again vs Lancs...whats the definition of madness...sums up all that's wrong at the club currently, all too cosy and if your face fits...

Hopefully it means Porter comes in for Steketee too.

As an aside Kish Velani got a ton for Derbyshire 2's vs Notts.