Author Topic: Banana skin….. would be better !  (Read 1325 times)

Offline bobw

Re: Banana skin….. would be better !
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 08:45:24 AM »
9 wicket win last night with 30 balls remaining. 

Are there too many franchises for the ‘quality’ players available?

When will Straus and Key be saying that the number of teams and games must be reduced to improve the comp?

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2022, 09:52:15 AM »

Did the game last hundred minutes ?

Offline Slogger

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2022, 10:14:11 AM »

In all seriousness if players like Walter are being drafted in (I'm a big fan as he's squeezing out the last drop of his talent) it suggests that it's not really a super league. The big stars of world cricket don't seem to be in it.

I would have gone for three divisions of six county structure with centrally contracted top stars in the top flight or more radically have eight new teams, five in England and one each from Scotland, Wales and Ireland, with players from those countries involved, unlike the Cardiff 100 team who have no welsh players.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2022, 11:48:43 AM »
Van der Gugten has been removed from Glamorgan because one of the franchises was stupid enough to sign the permanently injured Ollie Stone. Once the Royal London started there should not have been any more call ups to that other competition.
Because franchises have no player base they act as a parasite on the counties. This is wrong.

Offline nat

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2022, 01:10:53 PM »
Van der Gugten has been removed from Glamorgan because one of the franchises was stupid enough to sign the permanently injured Ollie Stone. Once the Royal London started there should not have been any more call ups to that other competition.
Because franchises have no player base they act as a parasite on the counties. This is wrong.
Another reason to kill it. Stone dead. No if or buts.

Offline afinetickletoleg

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2022, 04:20:32 PM »
The advertising and propaganda is paying off though.

I was talking to a fellow football parent back in June and he was quite enthusiastic that he had tickets for the 100.
I said that I really don’t see the difference between that and T20 and that it was an unnecessary competition but he disagreed and said that it was a better opportunity to see a greater number of top players playing in a game.
I just let the conversation die at that point.

Offline vim

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 06:15:18 PM »
When I drop in on the 100 they are always interviewing a celebrity. Someone you have never heard of or if you have are trying to forget about.

When they are off air at the end of interview, the celebrity says i said what you instructed me to say about liking the 100, can I have the money now please?

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2022, 10:51:36 AM »
Several players with Hundred contracts have been selected for England Lions v South Africa in a 3 day match next week. Sam Cook and Lawrence included. Presumably even more players will be taken from the counties to cover the absences?

Offline Slogger

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2022, 10:57:05 AM »
Several players with Hundred contracts have been selected for England Lions v South Africa in a 3 day match next week. Sam Cook and Lawrence included. Presumably even more players will be taken from the counties to cover the absences?

Did you notice the ECB press release thanked 100 coaches for releasing them but said nothing about counties releasing players? Just about sums it up

Offline nat

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2022, 11:12:14 AM »
The ECB are so incompetent that they are cannibalising their own compo with a meaningless 4-day England 2XI jolly. You couldn't make it up.

Offline bobw

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2022, 11:15:21 AM »

Did you notice the ECB press release thanked 100 coaches for releasing them but said nothing about counties releasing players? Just about sums it up

What are 100 coaches need for. You only need about 3 per team. That makes 70 to 80 max if you include counties and the 16.4.

Offline vim

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2022, 08:02:26 PM »
As the 100 today ended early and they cannot keep the inane conversation going forever, the BBC had to show Flog It to fill the time in. In a future Bargin Hunt a contestant could buy some 100 programmes and the expert would say, they have a value like non league football programmes if you have enough for recycling.