Author Topic: Ali vs Ali  (Read 753 times)

Offline Andy

Ali vs Ali
« on: January 05, 2022, 10:02:20 PM »
Did anyone see the ‘spat’ between Moeen and Sir Chef?  Can’t find any links.  Sounds like someone needs ‘a bit of a slap’.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
Re: Ali vs Ali
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 11:11:46 PM »
Did anyone see the ‘spat’ between Moeen and Sir Chef?  Can’t find any links.  Sounds like someone needs ‘a bit of a slap’.

Google one of them ... just found it

Offline Andy

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 02:19:35 PM »
Not as exciting as hoped.  Handbags waved, but I do think Chef’s comment about not knowing whether Mo was an opener or tail ended says a lot about Ali’s ability with the bat and Sir Chefs man management ability.

Offline nat

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 02:53:29 PM »
Not as exciting as hoped.  Handbags waved, but I do think Chef’s comment about not knowing whether Mo was an opener or tail ended says a lot about Ali’s ability with the bat and Sir Chefs man management ability.
you can take the boy out of public school but...

Offline Andy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 09:16:20 AM »

To be fair, none of his Essex captaincy predecessors could be cited for their man management skills.

Offline nat

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 10:39:13 AM »

To be fair, none of his Essex captaincy predecessors could be cited for their man management skills.

Fletcher? RTD? Pettini? Where have you been? Is the comms infrastructure really that bad oop north?!

Offline Andy

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 11:51:38 AM »

Fletcher? RTD? Pettini? Where have you been? Is the comms infrastructure really that bad oop north?!

Fletch was a great tactician, not a great man manager, which was reflected in his struggles with England as captain and coach. RtD, well a vast improvement on his predecessor but none are a Mike Brearley who was a public schoolboy but somehow overcame that handicap to be able to work with people from different backgrounds.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 02:59:01 PM »
 Moeen had a pop regards Sir Chef’s captaincy and his position within the team. Let’s not forget when Sir Chef was called into the England set up he very rarely played for Essex so did not see many other players play before selected into the side.

Offline Perov

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2022, 04:40:21 PM »
Brearley might have been a good man manager but was a poor batsman.

Offline Andy

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 05:55:46 PM »
Brearley might have been a good man manager but was a poor batsman.

Yes not a great test career. But, if you look at the attacks he faced, often opening the batting, I think you have to give him some credit. None of the current generation would face Andy Roberts or Jeff Thomson with the new ball.