Author Topic: In Ashes Down Under ?  (Read 9122 times)

Offline kingstonj1

Re: In Ashes Down Under ?
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2022, 03:07:25 PM »
After finally winning the toss and early wickets, England bowlers letting  the proactive top order back in the game . Two Kent cricketers included in the side in Crawley and Billings, when did than last happen ?

I think it was Joe Denly and Zak Crawley, first test against West Indies 2020.

I wonder when we'll next see 2 Essex players, or even one at this rate, in the England side.

Dan Lawrence will be in again soon enough

Offline bobw

« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2022, 08:24:33 PM »
With the bowling injuries England are getting Little Chef wont be long either.

Offline nat

« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2022, 09:10:59 PM »

Robinson is his own worst enemy. Could be a world beater if he sorted himself out.

Offline Andy

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2022, 03:31:02 PM »

Robinson is his own worst enemy. Could be a world beater if he sorted himself out.

Throw away his mobile for a start…

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2022, 10:58:55 AM »
Go now Harrison before you stink the place out any longer. Total humiliation.

Offline nat

« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2022, 04:17:07 PM »
Go now Harrison before you stink the place out any longer. Total humiliation.
being a salesman he'll spin some +ves out of it.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2022, 04:29:45 PM »
 Clean sweep denied by one wicket dishonourable draw in the Fourth test, must now urk the Aussies.
With two days free in the final test should send them on a slow container ship back to Blighty. Perhaps some extra practice on the top containers might be appropriate.
How many test days lost with this series and last winters tour of India ? Hope my subscription will be suitably reimbursed !
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 12:57:44 PM by bwildered »

Offline Bath Hammer

« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2022, 07:51:44 AM »
There has to be a fundamental reorganisation of county cricket to raise the standard of test match batting in particular otherwise we might as well give up. I like Agnew’s suggestion on BBC Sport. We are utterly hopeless & it is embarrassing to watch if any of us do!

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2022, 08:18:47 AM »
I assume you are joking? Agnew's suggestion is for a franchise championship with 10 teams which would mean the end of Essex ccc. Any comments Agnew makes about the championship are based on ignorance as he never attends a single day. Whenever a new player enters the England team he is clueless about them as he has never seen them play before. If only CMJ were still alive we might have some reasoned debate.

Offline nat

« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2022, 10:55:39 AM »
I assume you are joking? Agnew's suggestion is for a franchise championship with 10 teams which would mean the end of Essex ccc. Any comments Agnew makes about the championship are based on ignorance as he never attends a single day. Whenever a new player enters the England team he is clueless about them as he has never seen them play before. If only CMJ were still alive we might have some reasoned debate.

yep spot on.

Offline bobw

« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2022, 11:50:27 AM »
To get a stronger test team the CC needs to be played throughout the season. Therefore

CC from May to September. two divs of 9 giving 16 matches same with blast.

Blast May to September. (not many go to see overseas star players, most go for a good night out with the cricket incidental.

50 over block at start of the season and/or during the Hundred.

Hundred (if we must) in as short a block as possible.

Release England Central Contract players at every opportunity to strengthen the CC.

There are more than enough weeks to have a CC and T20 round each week. I would suggest Friday evening T20 with CC running from Sunday to Wednesday. There is not so mutch Sunday recreationl cricket on Sundays any more. There would also be a day off between each CC and T20.

This would allow counties to have FC cricket all year with five or six weeks off. Players would allways have a chance of beeing in form for test call ups. Fees to OS players would not be needed. CC matches would be played on better pitches as they would not be squeezed into a few weeks at the start of the season when it is too hard to prepare good pitches anyway.

Offline nat

« Reply #146 on: January 17, 2022, 12:06:29 PM »
To get a stronger test team the CC needs to be played throughout the season. Therefore

CC from May to September. two divs of 9 giving 16 matches same with blast.

Blast May to September. (not many go to see overseas star players, most go for a good night out with the cricket incidental.

50 over block at start of the season and/or during the Hundred.

Hundred (if we must) in as short a block as possible.

Release England Central Contract players at every opportunity to strengthen the CC.

There are more than enough weeks to have a CC and T20 round each week. I would suggest Friday evening T20 with CC running from Sunday to Wednesday. There is not so mutch Sunday recreationl cricket on Sundays any more. There would also be a day off between each CC and T20.

This would allow counties to have FC cricket all year with five or six weeks off. Players would allways have a chance of beeing in form for test call ups. Fees to OS players would not be needed. CC matches would be played on better pitches as they would not be squeezed into a few weeks at the start of the season when it is too hard to prepare good pitches anyway.

Agree except bin the *undred. It serves no purpose.

Offline bobw

« Reply #147 on: January 17, 2022, 03:08:48 PM »
I agree the Hundred should be binned, but it wont be.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2022, 04:13:20 PM »
excellent proposals bobw. It would also remove the situation where single format players like Nick Browne are without cricket for weeks on end.

Offline stewyww

« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2022, 04:35:30 PM »
I used to have respect for Agnew as being one of the last of the great TMS team.
Sadly it is now apparent he is ready for the funny farm.