Author Topic: Kick Racism (Yorkshire) out of County Cricket  (Read 5566 times)

Online SirChef26

Kick Racism (Yorkshire) out of County Cricket
« on: November 02, 2021, 02:37:29 PM »
None of you need me to detail the Azeem Rafiq story. The discrimination engrained within Yorkshire CCC continues to shame the English game, of course we had first hand experience of this at Scarborough in 2017 when Amir ripped them apart. Latest reports detail a new low within their cesspit of a club.

It's time for the ECB to take action. Remove them from all County Cricket in 2022, they warrant no place in our system under their current guise. They shouldn't be allowed back until they've gotten rid of every single guilty employee, every culpable board member and publicly shown proof of having gotten their house in order.

The damage they have done to the reputation of county cricket may well be permanent and only accelerate its eventual demise.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:39:14 PM by Alex »

Offline LeedsExile

Re: Kick Racism (Yorkshire) out of County Cricket
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 11:20:02 AM »
Normally you can't keep Boycott or Vaughan quiet on any subject. I may have missed it but I am unaware they have said much on this topic. It is now being reported that Graves may come back as Chairman. The ultimate bully, who was in charge when all this business began. Priceless. ;D

Online nat

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 12:53:47 PM »
Normally you can't keep Boycott or Vaughan quiet on any subject. I may have missed it but I am unaware they have said much on this topic. It is now being reported that Graves may come back as Chairman. The ultimate bully, who was in charge when all this business began. Priceless. ;D

Exactly. The supporters of AR have rejected the findings of an independent inquiry/panel.

Online SirChef26

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 03:17:14 PM »

Exactly. The supporters of AR have rejected the findings of an independent inquiry/panel.
The same independent inquiry/panel who have somehow adjudged that AR being called a four letter word beginning with P wasn't deemed as racist. Says it all really, no doubt they were made up of crusty old white men from Barnsley, Leeds and Sheffield who are still living in the last century.

Sponsors now beginning to pull out, good. Bleed them dry!

Online nat

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 03:33:48 PM »

... no doubt they were made up of crusty old white men from Barnsley, Leeds and Sheffield who are still living in the last century.

At least two people of an Asian background I believe. But you'll believe what you want to believe.

Online SirChef26

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 04:41:20 PM »

... no doubt they were made up of crusty old white men from Barnsley, Leeds and Sheffield who are still living in the last century.

At least two people of an Asian background I believe. But you'll believe what you want to believe.
Clearly so will you.

Offline JasonP

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 05:07:54 PM »

Clearly so will you.

The panel was chaired by Samir Pathak, surgeon and trustee of the MCC Foundation, and included Mesba Ahmed, vice-chairman of the National Asian Cricket Council, Rehana Azib, an employment barrister, Helen Hyde, the former Waitrose personnel director and Stephen Willis, CFO of Durham University and the senior independent director of Yorkshire County Cricket Club.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2021, 06:01:01 PM »
The frenzied White Rose Forum are suggesting they might be penalised by relegation and other sanctions. I think it highly unlikely how such punishment could be applied to a non playing issue.

Online nat

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 09:16:53 PM »
The frenzied White Rose Forum are suggesting they might be penalised by relegation and other sanctions. I think it highly unlikely how such punishment could be applied to a non playing issue.
did it to Durham.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2021, 09:36:00 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59155576

"Gary Ballance says he 'regrets' using racial slur against Azeem Rafiq during time together at Yorkshire"

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2021, 06:27:56 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59169535

"Yorkshire have been suspended from hosting England matches as the fallout from the club's reaction to an investigation into racism allegations made by former player Azeem Rafiq continues."

Offline Andy

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2021, 06:43:33 PM »
Well, once Alex has horsewhipped him through the streets of Batley, would we take him on as part of his rehabilitation?

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2021, 07:27:09 PM »
Ballance has been praised in some quarters for admitting that it was he who insulted Rafiq but that was only after the Daily Mail had named him. To ban him from playing for England is no punishment at all as he was very unlikely to get picked again.
Stripping Yorkshire of International games is fine but the statement says "until they get there house in order". How can that be quantified? It should have been a ban of so many years so everyone is clear. As it is I bet they are reinstated in time for the Ashes test in 2023 which is the real money spinner. Losing a test v New Zealand and a one day match next year are no way comparable.

Online nat

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 08:09:19 PM »
Ballance has been praised in some quarters for admitting that it was he who insulted Rafiq but that was only after the Daily Mail had named him. To ban him from playing for England is no punishment at all as he was very unlikely to get picked again.
Stripping Yorkshire of International games is fine but the statement says "until they get there house in order". How can that be quantified? It should have been a ban of so many years so everyone is clear. As it is I bet they are reinstated in time for the Ashes test in 2023 which is the real money spinner. Losing a test v New Zealand and a one day match next year are no way comparable.
If Yorkshire are guilty.

Offline bobw

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2021, 08:51:22 PM »
fron ESPNcricinfo

Yorkshire have been suspended from hosting international and major matches, including the Hundred final, following an ECB board meeting to discuss the implications of the Azeem Rafiq racism investigation.

Why only the final; why not the whole of the Hundred?