Author Topic: T20 World Cup 2021 .  (Read 1067 times)

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
T20 World Cup 2021 .
« on: October 21, 2021, 09:59:46 AM »
 Watched a game yesterday and had to put the match on mute due to constant ramblings shouted on the on site tannoy system. Think the idea was to up the interest with one man and his camel, but with due respect it did not work.

Offline Andy

Re: T20 World Cup 2021 .
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 12:25:16 PM »
Watched a game yesterday and had to put the match on mute due to constant ramblings shouted on the on site tannoy system. Think the idea was to up the interest with one man and his camel, but with due respect it did not work.

The camel got the hump as well?

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 08:28:29 AM »
 After a couple of complete control performances, the tournament now takes a big step up against the countries likely  to reach the final places. Time to step up.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 01:19:45 PM »
 Congratulations to Jos Buttler to be the second England player to score a century in all three different formats. A sublime display of batting on a low slow wicket, and with England losing three quick wickets had reign in his natural instinct early on .
 Let’s hoped we have not peaked to early in the competition, has at present the Sri Lanka game has been the only fixture faced which test our prowess.

Offline Andy

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 02:13:40 PM »
You can only beat what’s in front of you. We’ve beaten Australia (I will disinfect my keyboard after writing that word) alongside the Windies and SL who are both at the bottom of a cycle, team wise.

Pre-tournament I think we’d say that this group was as strong as the other. 

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 10:52:17 AM »
I seem to recall the early versions of the T20 World Cup were over and done with in a couple of weeks. The whole point was that T20 was fast and furious. This current thing seems to be dragging on interminably. I see no reason why 4 matches could not be played in a day to create momentum. And we do it all again in Australia next year.

Offline nat

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2021, 12:55:16 PM »
I seem to recall the early versions of the T20 World Cup were over and done with in a couple of weeks. The whole point was that T20 was fast and furious. This current thing seems to be dragging on interminably. I see no reason why 4 matches could not be played in a day to create momentum. And we do it all again in Australia next year.

£££££££

Offline paulcm

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 08:26:45 PM »
Watching both the remarkably entertaining semi-finals,I couldn’t help noticing the highly significant contributions to victories from Neesham yesterday and Zampa today.

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 09:37:43 AM »
Zampa was always quality

Neesham done what Neesham does - every so often plays a blinding innings to win a game (will follow up with some mediocre rubbish, then another worldie)

Offline Andy

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2021, 02:37:04 PM »
Great to see that Mohammad Hafeez took on board my suggestion to experiment with his first delivery against the Aussies. Usually a three bounce delivery fools most quality batsmen or they charitably leave it in sympathy for the bowler.

Clearly Warner is not a quality batsman or charitable person…

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 09:00:20 AM »
Great to see that Mohammad Hafeez took on board my suggestion to experiment with his first delivery against the Aussies. Usually a three bounce delivery fools most quality batsmen or they charitably leave it in sympathy for the bowler.

Clearly Warner is not a quality batsman or charitable person…

The cricketers code goes out the window, if he had took a wicket he would not have called him back - so wack it .