Author Topic: Will the Australia Tour go ahead?  (Read 2252 times)

Offline dazedpenguin

Re: Will the Australia Tour go ahead?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2021, 02:39:38 PM »
Livingstone wanted to take a rest, so he's going home after playing the World Cup and T10s.

I would hope that Foakes stays on with the main squad when the Lions fly home. Given the usual calamities that seem to happen on Ashes tours, he's got a good chance of playing, although knowing the selectors they'd go for Burns, Bracey or Smith instead.

And Cook is a far better bowler than Norwell. What a travesty of selection that is.

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2021, 03:59:18 PM »
Livingstone wanted to take a rest, so he's going home after playing the World Cup and T10s.

I would hope that Foakes stays on with the main squad when the Lions fly home. Given the usual calamities that seem to happen on Ashes tours, he's got a good chance of playing, although knowing the selectors they'd go for Burns, Bracey or Smith instead.

And Cook is a far better bowler than Norwell. What a travesty of selection that is.

And Little Chef's a lot younger & has a better fitness record than Norwell

Re LL, form the CricInfo article I cited:

'Liam Livingstone was overlooked because of the red-ball focus of the tour, according to Mo Bobat, the ECB's performance director.

"From a red-ball perspective, put simply, it felt like there were other players ahead of him right now,"'

Offline nat

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2021, 04:16:01 PM »
Livingstone is (another) flat track bully. Not got the appetite for proper cricket.

Offline bobw

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2021, 07:09:24 PM »
At least Little Chef avoids the debacle that is call England Fast Bowler coaching.

Offline nat

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2021, 08:00:17 PM »
At least Little Chef avoids the debacle that is call England Fast Bowler coaching.

Is NoPaint or Kevin Shine involved?!

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2021, 08:28:56 PM »
Since we don't know who the England Lions coaches will be, is that  not  something of a premature judgement?
Who knows, they might even call Nat?

Offline nat

« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2021, 08:48:28 PM »
Since we don't know who the England Lions coaches will be, is that  not  something of a premature judgement?

I'm still self-isolating. Remote coaching only from my private island.

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2021, 01:00:21 PM »
Livingstone is (another) flat track bully. Not got the appetite for proper cricket.

Or would rather earn more playing white ball cricket. I think he is a good player

Offline Andy

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2021, 08:59:57 PM »

I'm still self-isolating. Remote coaching only from my private island.

You own the WHOLE of Canvey?

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2021, 11:44:39 AM »
At last some good news - Ben Stokes is going.

Probably not good news for Dan but very good news for all other Brits, especially Jack Leach, who at least might get a game or 2 now. (PLEASE don't play Bess, he'll get marmalised!!)

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2021, 06:01:47 PM »
Will the tour go ahead ?
Strange that tour games are now not against State sides, but the Lions. Imperative that we start well, against are own Lions,  when it stops raining, is not the best possible start. Hope I am correct.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:44:29 PM by bwildered »

Offline Andy

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2021, 01:29:29 PM »
Where will the matches be played?  Clearly trying to replicate the usual variety of venues isn’t going to work. Having blocks of two or three together in the same venue would make more sense.

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2021, 01:44:15 PM »
The last test at Perth is looking unlikely to go ahead, but I think it's the MCG that are offering to host as an alternative- and it could be a Day/Night test. Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney are all supposed to be going ahead.

The Australia A vs Lions match is also scheduled to be in Brisbane. After that some of the Lions will return home, with some presumably moved to the main squad.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:46:00 PM by dazedpenguin »

Offline Andy

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2021, 04:29:00 PM »
Can we quarantine the likes of Warner, Smith, etc. For a couple of months or so?

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2021, 05:08:44 PM »
 One up and one to play, cannot forever think the Aussies will let us just get on the next charter flight home, they will find some host no doubt , even if on the top of Ayers Rock .