Author Topic: Irani troubles  (Read 5466 times)

Online kingstonj1

Re: Irani troubles
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2021, 05:35:01 PM »
I take it none of you credits our revival and recent successes with Ron's tenure at the club and first act of binning the failing coach (that alone gives him credit in my book). George Dobell credited him and he's a wiser judge than many. It could have all been a coincidence...

Yes he was a poor captain/coach but a fine player, but some seem to have an agenda.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #76 on: October 14, 2021, 06:02:02 PM »
Irani must have done some good. No doubt the true facts will emerge sometime.

Offline Andy

« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2021, 09:18:07 PM »
I take it none of you credits our revival and recent successes with Ron's tenure at the club and first act of binning the failing coach (that alone gives him credit in my book). George Dobell credited him and he's a wiser judge than many. It could have all been a coincidence...

Yes he was a poor captain/coach but a fine player, but some seem to have an agenda.

It could be that:

i)  Ronnie wasn't the instigator of the removal of certain coaching staff members (who seemed to be his best mate when they were playing together)
ii) It takes a thief to catch (or rather dismiss) a thief - using this as a metaphor rather than inferring any actual larceny.

One thing for sure, if the team/club struggles next season, no one can blame Big Ronnie.