Author Topic: 2021 Team  (Read 17300 times)

Offline Mog

Re: 2021 Team
« Reply #270 on: July 19, 2021, 08:33:04 PM »
Perhaps ECCC could do the right thing and issue scorecards for free - a small step perhaps, but it would be a gesture and start to make a repayment for their ongoing dismissive attitude towards members and spectators alike over rather a long period time.

Offline smandlej

« Reply #271 on: July 20, 2021, 07:39:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about your wife, Slogger: all good wishes for her speedy recovery.

Lynda

Offline Slogger

« Reply #272 on: July 20, 2021, 08:20:11 AM »
Thanks Lynda. Take care everyone.

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #273 on: July 20, 2021, 09:57:13 AM »
Perhaps ECCC could do the right thing and issue scorecards for free - a small step perhaps, but it would be a gesture and start to make a repayment for their ongoing dismissive attitude towards members and spectators alike over rather a long period time.

New CEO has got a job on his hands clearing out this stable.

Offline Andy

« Reply #274 on: July 20, 2021, 10:27:52 AM »
All the best Mrs Slogger and family. I hope you're all OK.

Offline Reddevil

« Reply #275 on: July 20, 2021, 07:41:12 PM »
I am even more distressed about what seems appalling customer service, than I am about ever declining performances of the team we support through thick and thin.

Given that our finances are not exactly overbrimming, surely any chance to recoup funds lost to Covid should be grasped with both hands.

Even if scorecards do not generate funds, surely the good will factor towards the Club is important.

Unless I am mistaken, we have not been televised on the Blast this year.

That is surely a first and sadly reflects that Essex are viewed as unwatchable by Sky. I appreciate due to many International matches, Sky’s coverage has been well reduced.

If I am wrong, I am sorry.

May I add my best wishes to Mrs Slogger for a speedy recovery as Mr Slogger will need all the support he gets to enable him to get through this truly horrendous season.

Surely next year will be better, but probably without Sir Ali, RTD and maybe others, it might not be. 

Surely not.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #276 on: July 20, 2021, 08:12:23 PM »

My wife, currently ill in bed with covid, works at a church. Banks don't want to handle large quantities of cash so they are facing challenges paying in cash collections after their weekend services. That might be part of the story - banks don't want to handle loads of coins. No cricket for me for a while!

All good wishes for a speedy recovery and no lingering after effects.

Online JasonP

« Reply #277 on: July 20, 2021, 08:30:01 PM »
I am even more distressed about what seems appalling customer service, than I am about ever declining performances of the team we support through thick and thin.

Given that our finances are not exactly overbrimming, surely any chance to recoup funds lost to Covid should be grasped with both hands.

Even if scorecards do not generate funds, surely the good will factor towards the Club is important.

Unless I am mistaken, we have not been televised on the Blast this year.

That is surely a first and sadly reflects that Essex are viewed as unwatchable by Sky. I appreciate due to many International matches, Sky’s coverage has been well reduced.

If I am wrong, I am sorry.

May I add my best wishes to Mrs Slogger for a speedy recovery as Mr Slogger will need all the support he gets to enable him to get through this truly horrendous season.

Surely next year will be better, but probably without Sir Ali, RTD and maybe others, it might not be. 

Surely not.

I don’t believe theres anything to Sky not showing Essex.  They won the comp two seasons ago  and they will have planned the fixtures before the start of this season so they wouldn’t have thought we were that bad.  If anything because we won the tournament 2 years ago the media tend to overestimate us.  They only showed a handful of games and they seem obsessed with derby matches.  They always show both roses matches, both London derbys and Sussex v Hampshire.  If you dont include the last round of matches, which the Essex game was a dead one, there was only about 5 other matches they showed.  With the hundred a lot less county cricket will be shown than usual.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #278 on: July 20, 2021, 08:34:59 PM »
Thanks for all your good wishes. Mrs Slogger is bombarding me with instructions from her bedroom so is on the mend!

Offline Perov

« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2021, 08:48:39 PM »
I think in these difficult times Sky tried to keep things simple. Test grounds and more modern grounds  have ready made broadcasting facilities and structures, without ,(like Essex)  having to erect scaffolding, portable commentary box, miles of cable and  squeeze in the outside broadcasting vans.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2021, 09:25:50 PM »
Thanks for all your good wishes. Mrs Slogger is bombarding me with instructions from her bedroom so is on the mend!

Great to hear :)

Offline Andy

« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2021, 11:50:14 AM »

Great! May your 'to do' lists be ever lengthening...