Author Topic: 2021 Team  (Read 17301 times)

Offline nat

Re: 2021 Team
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2021, 08:47:09 PM »
Not quite sure how we have cocked this one up! but 2 batsmen light in that team in my opinion.

Tendo lost us the game. Well in control until he faffed about.

Offline ytsejam1

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2021, 08:51:54 PM »
Well that was simply dreadful!!....That batting line up with Harmer coming in a 7 and two kids and a completely (and very sadly) out of touch pensioner in before him, MUST be the weakest one Essex have ever put out in the T20!
Basically it looks like if Neesham doesn’t come off, we will lose virtually every match.
Chopra MUST open next match and one of the seamers dropped but still can’t see that making diddly squat difference  to the above.

P.S. once again the difference in the fielding between the two sides was marked as well.

Offline Reddevil

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2021, 09:15:59 PM »
Normal service resumed tonight.

Surely Neesham should be batting higher say at four where he can influence the game, build an innings, put Essex on the front step  instead of coming in to retrieve a lost cause.

Having watched Surrey last night, I dread to think what embarrassments will befall the team.

Very very depressing and so so predictable.

We appear to be a band of archers without any arrows.

Offline stewyww

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2021, 06:55:59 AM »
I hadn't but there still seems a major discrepancy between the alleged safety rules applying to 20;20's and 4 day cricket for absolutely no sound safety reason. I have already decided along with others that if, for no other reason than the club is saving money by limiting attendance at other formats than 20;20, I will take the club to a small claims court to reclaim two years membership and i urge others who feel the same to join us should this prove necessary. I have spoken to numerous health and safety experts who have said the club's position on this matter is, at best, one of being mislead and at worst, deliberately disingenuous, and although Essex has been in my DNA for 50 years I am deeply upset at being taken for a ride. Hopefully, as at Surrey supposedly, the threat of legal action will concentrate a few minds.
Good for you Pablo. If you are looking for evidence to support your claim, I have an email from the club which confirms that the decision to limit crowds to 200 rather than 600 was a purely financial one.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2021, 08:11:02 AM »
 After great win in the first game, Eagles undid all good work in the second game. Visitors ground fielding won the game, with the Eagles running themselves out of town. Just needed top order bat to anchor the innings. If the middle and lower order thought they would finish the game like the previous, well it did not happen and a lesson learnt in not getting over the line .
 Streaming coverage was pretty average, whoever decided to put the camera in line with non striking bat, replay shown without notifications, so at times was unsure with what and was not live. The chairman stated on recent forum that the coverage would be the envy of many, but like the batting display lost its way.

Offline ytsejam1

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2021, 08:31:15 AM »
After great win in the first game, Eagles undid all good work in the second game. Visitors ground fielding won the game, with the Eagles running themselves out of town. Just needed top order bat to anchor the innings. If the middle and lower order thought they would finish the game like the previous, well it did not happen and a lesson learnt in not getting over the line .
 Streaming coverage was pretty average, whoever decided to put the camera in line with non striking bat, replay shown without notifications, so at times was unsure with what and was not live. The chairman stated on recent forum that the coverage would be the envy of many, but like the batting display lost its way.

As I said last night the camera angle was truly awful but at least we had Goochie as a commentator and I always find him far more informed, switched on and most importantly actually interested in the match itself, than a lot of other ex players who are “attempting” to be commentators (not mentioning any names, of course!!)

Offline vim

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2021, 11:08:57 AM »
I will be interested in any success in obtaining a refund for 2020. I have not paid for 2021, knowing what would happen.

For the future and it is difficult to see from a distance and the coverage was not the best. I did not see many if any familar faces in the 600. I suspect that the club are going to get a bit of a shock next season, especially in the higher paying categories.

With talk of a 4 week delay that will start to blow out the One Day Cup as well. All that will be left is two One Day Cup games and two irrevelant Championship games. I would not be suprised that some players who are not renewing their contacts will clear out their lockers and say do not worry about the rest of the money.

Offline JasonP

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2021, 11:36:45 AM »
I will be interested in any success in obtaining a refund for 2020. I have not paid for 2021, knowing what would happen.

For the future and it is difficult to see from a distance and the coverage was not the best. I did not see many if any familar faces in the 600. I suspect that the club are going to get a bit of a shock next season, especially in the higher paying categories.

With talk of a 4 week delay that will start to blow out the One Day Cup as well. All that will be left is two One Day Cup games and two irrevelant Championship games. I would not be suprised that some players who are not renewing their contacts will clear out their lockers and say do not worry about the rest of the money.

The first home One Day Cup match is not until 25th of July so a 4 week delay wouldn't affect that.

Offline Can the Can

• Absolutely plumb?
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2021, 01:42:47 PM »
Wouldn't worry to much about live stream camera angles, the curse of the main scoreboard returned with a vengeance last night.

Often behind play and following Harmer's dismissal I can only assume the person controlling it was both on work experience AND about six pints in. Embarrassing really, we seem to be the only county that suffers this issue regularly.

Scoreboard had been a lot better in 2019 to be fair but this was a return to the bad old new scoreboard days.

Offline JasonP

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2021, 05:30:10 PM »
Chopra seems to have disappeared again.  Khushi is in the squad and not him.  Not sure what has gone on there.  With the pathetic performance of England today, hopefully we see Lawrence on Tuesday and hopefully in for one of the bowlers to lengthen our batting order.

Offline nat

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2021, 05:44:18 PM »
Chopra seems to have disappeared again.  Khushi is in the squad and not him.  Not sure what has gone on there.  With the pathetic performance of England today, hopefully we see Lawrence on Tuesday and hopefully in for one of the bowlers to lengthen our batting order.
It seems Lord Lucan has got more chance of appearing in the team than Varun Chopra.

Offline Reddevil

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2021, 11:31:59 PM »
To put our performance against Hampshire in perspective, just watched them thrashed by nine wickets by Sussex, with a certain Ravi Bopara scoring an undefeated fifty.

He looked very content and happy.

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2021, 01:16:43 PM »
Glamorgan won the toss and put Essex in to bat.

Khushi comes in for Ten Doeschate who is injured (or maybe just embarrassed from running out Westley).

Buttleman, Westley, Pepper, Walter, Khushi, Neesham, Harmer, Nijjar, Plom, Cook, Porter

They can't be accused of not giving youth a chance.

Offline Perov

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2021, 01:54:36 PM »
To put our performance against Hampshire in perspective, just watched them thrashed by nine wickets by Sussex, with a certain Ravi Bopara scoring an undefeated fifty.

He looked very content and happy.

Happier than his previous match where he got a first ball duck and wasn't asked to bowl!

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2021, 04:14:20 PM »
Defeat by 7 wickets with about 2 overs to spare. Not really unexpected given the inexperience of the team and I thought Buttleman, Pepper and Khushi did ok. If Westley or Neesham don't get runs then Essex are always going to struggle. Lawrence in for Khushi will improve things, but I don't see this team getting to finals day.