Author Topic: 2021 Team  (Read 17299 times)

Offline JasonP

2021 Team
« on: June 07, 2021, 06:41:59 PM »
https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#mf315632c-2b8d-4130-bf38-c969ec93df19

Depressing to say but it looks like the team we have picked for the 2nd XI match against Hampshire is probably going to be the one that is going to start the season.  It really does look incredibly weak.  Lawrence will almost certainly play in the majority of the matches but it's hard to see who else would realistically improve the team being picked.  Both the batting and bowling are poor.  If Chopra isn't going to be in the team, and he's started in the team in both the last two seasons before being dropped, then why is he contracted?  Just for 50 over matches?

Offline nat

Re: 2021 Team
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 07:56:26 PM »
The Chopra situation is a puzzler. Lots of runs in the 2XI and then disappears. Also I see Porter is playing this evening which must mean he wasn't injured for the Notts game.

Offline JasonP

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 08:06:05 PM »
The Chopra situation is a puzzler. Lots of runs in the 2XI and then disappears. Also I see Porter is playing this evening which must mean he wasn't injured for the Notts game.

Chopra played this afternoon.  It was a double header.  The first game was very much a second XI with Porter and Neesham playing as well.

Offline Andy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 10:00:34 PM »

Is he doing something else? I.e. studying part time like certain cricketers have been at our place.

Offline Perov

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 07:54:40 AM »
Chopra amassed 5 runs.
Meanwhile the next cab of the rank Will Buttleman  hit 102 not out in 64 balls, and then made 2 stumpings and took a catch.
He is a better prospect than Pepper behind the stumps, and worth a go, as the present encumbant has been sloppy.

Offline nat

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 09:00:25 AM »

Is he doing something else? I.e. studying part time like certain cricketers have been at our place.

Probably frantically going through his social media posts.

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 11:09:26 AM »
Chopra amassed 5 runs.
Meanwhile the next cab of the rank Will Buttleman  hit 102 not out in 64 balls, and then made 2 stumpings and took a catch.
He is a better prospect than Pepper behind the stumps, and worth a go, as the present encumbant has been sloppy.
If, as seems likely, we don't finish in the top 2, it's definitely time to give Buttleman a chance, with Pepper still playing as a batsman. Maybe over a few games also give guys like Beard, Alison & Nijjar a chance at number 7 or 8, they all look better than tail-enders. Give Brown, TDD & Wheater a rest, at least for some games, and let Walter open.
Hopefully an injection of younger blood will improve our fielding. It needs it.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 12:59:35 PM »
I have read that we have dropped an awful lot of catches this season. Does anyone know who the main culprits have been please?

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 02:25:22 PM »
Cook, Browne, Westley, Lawrence, Walter, Tendo, Wheater- I think it's been fairly consistent throughout the team, but that's just from memory. Quite a few in the slips of course.

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2021, 02:59:03 PM »
Chopra amassed 5 runs.
If, as seems likely, we don't finish in the top 2, it's definitely time to give Buttleman a chance, with Pepper still playing as a batsman. Maybe over a few games also give guys like Beard, Alison & Nijjar a chance at number 7 or 8, they all look better than tail-enders. Give Brown, TDD & Wheater a rest, at least for some games, and let Walter open.
Hopefully an injection of younger blood will improve our fielding. It needs it.

Browne should be no where near the T20 team anyway!!!

Offline Andy

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2021, 03:21:28 PM »
Allison is a terrible batsman and bowler and should be nowhere near the team.  Paul Walter on the other hand is a wonderful bat.  All hail the hypnotoad.

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2021, 10:32:45 AM »
Id go

Chopra
Walter
Westley
Pepper
Wheater
RTD
Neesham
Nijjar
Harmer
Cook
Snater

We are going to get smashed!!!!

Offline ytsejam1

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2021, 11:58:49 AM »
Id go

Chopra
Walter
Westley
Pepper
Wheater
RTD
Neesham
Nijjar
Harmer
Cook
Snater

We are going to get smashed!!!!

Maybe, just MAYBE, as we have no real hopes or expectations of anything other than dreadful failure in this competition, they MIGHT just surprise us!! (well, I did say, MIGHT!!!)

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2021, 01:18:07 PM »
With Neesham the team does have a better balance. I seem to remember Harmer batting at 7 in some games last year.

Offline JasonP

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2021, 01:28:05 PM »
With Neesham the team does have a better balance. I seem to remember Harmer batting at 7 in some games last year.

I think it’s quite likely he bats at 7 again.  They played a warm up game with the first team players involved  on Monday and he batted at 7 in that.  I don’t think Chopra is likely to play tonight.  It’s a real pity that Walter doesn’t seem to be able to bowl properly anymore.  It would certainly help the balance of the team.