Author Topic: New Zealand 2021.  (Read 1053 times)

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
New Zealand 2021.
« on: June 02, 2021, 08:00:30 PM »
 Both sides wanted to bat first on this belter. Large first innings score and no spinner and with bowlers already looking lacklustre England already go there work cut out with no cutting edge by tea.  Quick wickets at the start of second day required to stay in touch. England desperately missed Stokes in getting something out of nothing. Bowl for Lawrence was not forthcoming , strange .
 Was hoping to see , Conway c Bracey b Robinson , a debut treble !

« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 08:03:23 PM by bwildered »

Offline nat

Re: New Zealand 2021.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 08:25:56 PM »
more importantly... even after using the extra 1/2 hour they were still 4 overs short of the *minimum* 90 overs. Death of Test cricket by stealth.

Offline vim

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 06:48:38 AM »
I have been watching the great apology on the news. Dean Headley in an interview said that if someone made racist remarks years ago, he ignores the matter as people grow up. If they continue doing it that is different.

Offline stewyww

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 07:51:44 AM »
I have been watching the great apology on the news. Dean Headley in an interview said that if someone made racist remarks years ago, he ignores the matter as people grow up. If they continue doing it that is different.
Dean Headley is talking a good deal of sense.
Unfortunately stories like this are manna from heaven for the BBC who would somehow have manipulated this to be the "headline" cricket story even if Robinson had got 10-60 and New Zealand had been skittled out for 100.

Offline nat

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 07:59:01 AM »
Unfortunately stories like this are manna from heaven for the BBC who would somehow have manipulated this to be the "headline" cricket story even if Robinson had got 10-60 and New Zealand had been skittled out for 100.

Thank goodness social media wasn't invented when I was a teenager.

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 08:31:17 AM »

Thank goodness social media wasn't invented when I was a teenager.
Or  Smartphones with video recording  capability

Offline Andy

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 11:21:49 AM »
Good to hear Headley taking a measured view, similar to John Barnes. Certainly strange this becomes a story on day one, but normally it would take a few days to pop up. It's almost as if someone had held it in hand just for the debut... Still dealt with promptly although I worry about further tweets coming out.

Offline nat

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2021, 11:26:05 AM »
Good to hear Headley taking a measured view, similar to John Barnes. Certainly strange this becomes a story on day one, but normally it would take a few days to pop up. It's almost as if someone had held it in hand just for the debut... Still dealt with promptly although I worry about further tweets coming out.
that's why I use a pseudonym on all SM. I can spout all sorts of nonsense with impunity.

Offline Andy

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2021, 02:04:15 PM »
that's why I use a pseudonym on all SM. I can spout all sorts of nonsense with impunity.

I use my fingers...I'll go and stand behind Baranaby the pot plant.

Offline vim

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 06:41:10 AM »
On TMS Jonathan Agnew was speaking to someone from the ECB about Ollie Robinson. Agnew said he had done some research and it appeared that when the tweets were made Robinson was between clubs. He asked how the ECB could take action against someone who did something when they were unemployed and not under anyone's control.

Offline nat

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 07:10:37 AM »
On TMS Jonathan Agnew was speaking to someone from the ECB about Ollie Robinson. Agnew said he had done some research and it appeared that when the tweets were made Robinson was between clubs. He asked how the ECB could take action against someone who did something when they were unemployed and not under anyone's control.
Let's hope so.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 11:45:35 AM »
Let’s hope they get the chasing target within 15 overs , so the crowd can claim a refund, for loss of a full days play.