Author Topic: 2021 General Committee Election / Amendments as notified in accordance with Rule  (Read 1516 times)

Offline Can the Can

• Absolutely plumb?
3 candidates from six, Edwards, Irani and Solanki for me.
The small pen portraits are never really enough, would much prefer in this day and age at least an A4 sized letter from each candidate with a bit more detail.

Regarding the amendment of the club constitution and rules I must admit that at present I am too occupied with other matters in my personal life to give this the scrutiny that it deserves and would be interested to hear the opinions of others...

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
The six candidates are [in alphabetical order]:
Peter Edwards
Vicky Ford MP
Paul Harvey
Ronnie Irani
Baiju Solanki
Kate Walters

Offline Suffolk Richard

3 candidates from six, Edwards, Irani and Solanki for me.
The small pen portraits are never really enough, would much prefer in this day and age at least an A4 sized letter from each candidate with a bit more detail.

Regarding the amendment of the club constitution and rules I must admit that at present I am too occupied with other matters in my personal life to give this the scrutiny that it deserves and would be interested to hear the opinions of others...

On the amendment to constitution and rules plus aims of it. I think one of your options meets that critera. One of your other options may lack a bit of experience this time round. Especially if a bloke is going to campaign for more women on the committee! As i'd thought the first thing he could do is stand aside for another female candidate!

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
Candidates successful on General Committee , Irani , Ford & Harvey .
Amended Constitution voted in -  1,095 voted , 50 against .
Accounts - Club broke even, but had 700k furlough , 300k ECB  and 1.3 from Hundred .
              - Expenditure 1.2 floodlights.
              - investment portfolio 1.5m gained 25k.
M/ship.    -Stood 3,439 - 453 less - lost 797- gain 344 . 270 new life resulted in 235k.
              - Refunds due to COVID -100
 General. - Decision  still to be made regards playing RL games, ballot seats and playing behind closed doors due to July lockdown extension , losing 15k day opening to public.
 Refund to anyone who unlucky in ballots who are members ? No - money goes to running  club not just viewing cricket.
 Why no Chopra T20 and Neesham batting to low , decisions made by Capt and Coach . Same answer regards Siddle and Quinn leaving .
 Benefits to members promised but unable to claim due to restrictions to be moved to next season .
 Interview to final candidates for CEO position - Tomorrow.
 Last Championship game away to Derbyshire moved from Chesterfield to Derby .
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:20:55 AM by bwildered »

Offline nat

Thanks for the summary. The club is in desperate need of a good PR person...and/or a change of approach re: comms with members/public.

Offline vim

One of the benefits of becoming a life member is one years free Premier membership. Good luck with that the licensed capacity upstairs in the Executive Suite is 180.

Offline Slogger

It was also implied that Neesham would play in the one day cup and the next championship game. Mr Irani conceded the batting needed improvement but with a £1m loss projected that might not be easy. Mr Faragher said the continuing existence of the club was his priority. The treasurer confirmed the club had no debt and investment values (the Peter Edwards legacy?) had held up well.

Offline pablo

Can I check my understanding of what was said as sadly for once I could not 'attend' the AGM? Are the club saying they are likely to play the home 50 over competition and the remaining 4 day games behind closed doors to save money even though several thousand of us have already paid to get in effectively? Did anybody ask why no other counties -many of whom are worse off than us - have not and will not take this route?

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
  Not sure if the question was asked pablo, if it was it did not make the final draft .

The Chairman referred that the position regards behind closed doors cricket would be again discussed.
Reading between the lines the club (Chairman) understandably wants crowds to return, but is taking a substantial hit in doing so (Treasurer) 15K a day, stated that without a club no cricket.

After welcoming and statements, most time was taken up by Treasurer regards finances, by which time Chairman looked frustrated he could not get a word in, and Irani linked dropped out several times, returned with feedback and time lapse resulting seemed he had one two many !!

Offline Slogger

I heard the discussion about behind closed doors too. I imagine that is part of the options assessment in the event of social distancing at sport continuing after 19 July. It was also said that the MP/minister recently elected to the committee had been working on increasing the socially distanced capacity. Maybe her intervention led to those extra 200 tickets?

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
 Have the club ever had the local MP on the committee previously ?

Reckon the club is worried regards future membership levels if not being proactive in trying to get people through the gates, but at what cost ? Behind closed doors for the remaining season, would help the coffers in recruiting another overseas player for next season .

Footnote -  that the club did refund 100 members due to COVID hardship, which at first insisted it would not.

Offline Slogger

I think Lord Haslehurst, one time MP for Saffron Walden, was involved at one stage. There are huge potential conflicts of interest as she is a minister, in my opinion.

Offline vim

The previous MP was also one of the Deputy Speakers ruling out possible conflicts.

Offline Andy

Surely we need someone on the committee who has some insight/leverage in government? Maybe I’m missing something here...

Offline mawallace

• Global Moderator
I'm a bit confused -

The email to T20 ticket holders on Monday said that 800 would be allowed in - everyone else refunded.

Are they now saying this will - too - be behind closed doors?