Author Topic: Hope  (Read 903 times)

Offline holidave

Hope
« on: April 12, 2022, 03:18:54 PM »
I know that it's early days, but, are the second X1 players, with first team experience, playing like they have no hope, because by bringing in Critchley, Rossington and Skeketee, the club implied that they have no hope?

Offline nat

Re: Hope
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 03:25:17 PM »
I popped in to Radlett this morning to watch the first session. Das apart, the batting was poor. Early days to draw any conclusions though.

Offline dazedpenguin

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 03:30:51 PM »
Lawrence will be away with England, Critchley might well be, Sam Cook should be, but probably won't be. There will be chances for the 2nd XI players and the argument would be that they should be staking their claim with some big scores. But I don't think Rossington should be playing ahead of Rymell, Khushi or Pepper in the championship. Yes they'll get a chance in the Blast and 50 over stuff, but I'd like to see Khushi in particular get a run in the CC side.

I'd still like to see them getting hundreds for the seconds though.

Offline Andy

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 04:21:35 PM »
I think the others have summed it up well, we’ve had first teamers retire/leave since last year, Lawrence will get a run with England, maybe others will but there’s always the likelihood of injuries.

Apart from Little Chef/Porter few of our young bowlers have really grabbed their chances over the past few years.  With the bats, Rymell looked great in one innings but there’s a long list of newbie batsmen who’ve benefitted from a big innings against sides who were either unfamiliar with the former or just bowled poorly. Critchley’s form may not last, but he’s had a reasonable career path.

Online JasonP

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 05:16:00 PM »
Walter, Pepper, Khushi, Rymell and Buttleman didn't make one score of 20 between them in 10 innings in this match.  If one or two noses were put out of joint by the Rossington signing 3 days before the first match then they're not exactly proving the club wrong.

Offline nat

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 06:50:01 PM »
Walter, Pepper, Khushi, Rymell and Buttleman didn't make one score of 20 between them in 10 innings in this match.  If one or two noses were put out of joint by the Rossington signing 3 days before the first match then they're not exactly proving the club wrong.

Yep really poor to be beaten by 10 wickets in 2 days. Das showed up ok but as for the rest...

Offline Andy

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 08:16:49 PM »

Yep really poor to be beaten by 10 wickets in 2 days. Das showed up ok but as for the rest...

Nats remedial class is getting bigger

Offline nat

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 08:24:52 PM »

Nats remedial class is getting bigger

Bumped into Clive Radley at Radlett today. He could bat.

Offline Perov

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 06:55:58 AM »

To be fair Walter chipped in with 4 wickets for 18 runs, so he did show some response.