Author Topic: Members ballot  (Read 16174 times)

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
Re: Members ballot
« Reply #210 on: May 25, 2021, 12:42:48 PM »
Slogger - I was told we would know by Mon 31st if we have a ticket.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #211 on: May 25, 2021, 03:31:51 PM »
Thanks 548! Anyway at least the forecast for Saturday at Chester le Street looks good when my pal in the north east will be in attendance. In more normal days he would have ventured south for a couple of days of the Notts game.

Offline Andy

« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2021, 05:14:46 PM »
Very flat, Norfolk.

Very wet Manchester.

The sun comes out in the morning.

Essex are 24-3.

Offline stewyww

« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2021, 02:37:22 PM »
I see it is 600 for Day 1 of the Notts game, and 200 for each of Days 2 and 3.
I didn't realise we had epidemiologists on our committee, who have assessed that Covid-19 is significantly more transmissible on a Friday or Saturday than it is on a Thursday.

Perhaps they should pass their revelationary research onto Messrs Whitty and Vallance at SAGE.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2021, 03:06:53 PM »
 Confirmation of ballot success will be by email on Thurs 27th and unsuccessfully applications to be informed on Fri 28th .

Offline Postman

« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2021, 04:16:14 PM »
I see it is 600 for Day 1 of the Notts game, and 200 for each of Days 2 and 3.
I didn't realise we had epidemiologists on our committee, who have assessed that Covid-19 is significantly more transmissible on a Friday or Saturday than it is on a Thursday.

Perhaps they should pass their revelationary research onto Messrs Whitty and Vallance at SAGE.

They're the same epidemiologists who advised Boris that the virus took Xmas off (but not Easter).

It will be interesting to see how many stewards they have for a 600 crowd. Based on the ratio for the Warwickshire match there should be about 50 of them! Seriously though, if there are only the same number, it will blow a bit of a hole in the chairman's £20K a day arithmetic.

Offline Crisp

« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2021, 04:26:45 PM »
As per usual the county looked to have cocked this second ballot up with 2 members boasting of having been allocated tickets for 3 days.

I like the majority have heard nothing, so looks like another blank.

I can however get tickets at other venues as they are readily available and £5 cheaper than ours were for the paying public, 2 years ago.

You know it could only be Essex!

Offline Stringbok

« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2021, 10:01:38 PM »
Question to those attendees of the last home game against Warwickshire .
What happens if you missed your allocated entrance time slot ?
I’ve no idea as like a good boy I did as I was told.  But I suspect that they would have probably let you wait until everybody was seated and then go in.  I think the general idea was to let the far blocks fill up first to minimise people passing on the concourse. All a bit of a nonsense really as you had to cross paths at the food outlets and conveniences and with such low numbers it’s was not a problem.  As per my earlier post I would like to know what makes up the 200 allowance as there couldn’t have been more than 75 of us at in the members areas.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #218 on: May 27, 2021, 05:41:46 AM »
I got the impression from the BBC Essex commentary that there were quite a few no shows because of the weather.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #219 on: May 27, 2021, 07:39:15 AM »
 Understandable in no shows due to the inclement weather, but did emails sent out not give any option in returning if successful in the ballot,  but due to other circumstances were since application unable to attend.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2021, 08:33:28 AM »
Just got a ticket for day 2 of Notts game ... anyone else heard?

Offline Captain Slaphead

« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2021, 09:06:13 AM »
As per usual the county looked to have cocked this second ballot up with 2 members Committee officials boasting of having been allocated tickets for 3 days.

Corrected for you 😁

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2021, 12:07:43 PM »
No bag checks & free scorecards are the order of the day at Hove too.

The electronic scoreboard isn't working properly & there's been a batting collapse so there are some similarities with Essex.

Offline nat

« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2021, 12:10:05 PM »
No bag checks & free scorecards are the order of the day at Hove too.

The electronic scoreboard isn't working properly & there's been a batting collapse so there are some similarities with Essex.
You get about. You're not one of the umpires are you?

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2021, 02:08:22 PM »
Chelmsford is the ONLY ground where my bag has ever been checked - nothing at any other county or outground.