Author Topic: Members ballot  (Read 16168 times)

Offline Crisp

Re: Members ballot
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2021, 06:43:16 AM »
To infuriate me even further, Richard Gould CEO at Surrey has announced 25% sell outs (6500) at all days of the Middlesex games and 25% sell outs at all of the pre 21st June 20/20 fixtures.
They are also in talks with the IPL about staging a fixture this season and next?
Yesterday there were 200k infections in India and over 1000 deaths in one day, yet Surrey are preparing to bring a franchise over here to play a game and will probably make it work, we are allowing 200 members in per day and why is it safe to bring 400 more in for the 20/20?
Can someone explain the counties business plan apart from cost savings?

Offline Mick

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2021, 08:25:02 AM »
To infuriate me even further, Richard Gould CEO at Surrey has announced 25% sell outs (6500) at all days of the Middlesex games and 25% sell outs at all of the pre 21st June 20/20 fixtures.
They are also in talks with the IPL about staging a fixture this season and next?
Yesterday there were 200k infections in India and over 1000 deaths in one day, yet Surrey are preparing to bring a franchise over here to play a game and will probably make it work, we are allowing 200 members in per day and why is it safe to bring 400 more in for the 20/20?

Have you missed the earlier points. It has nothing to do with safety. If they wished, they could admit 600 to each day of each game. For T20 everyone pays, including members. 

Offline Crisp

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2021, 10:29:58 AM »
I havent missed the points Mick, I am just enforcing the cost saving element in relation to our club against other counties.

Offline mawallace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2021, 08:07:19 PM »
Just in case anyone is interested.. the 'Code of conduct' must be something the clubs have written themselves - it's exactly the same wording at Kent, and a couple of others.

Offline vim

« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2021, 11:33:41 AM »
Does the code of conduct state that, no matter how many times there are broken promises. I will not complain and should consider myself very lucky to be shafted.

They only do it to special people.

Offline Andy

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2021, 11:39:17 AM »
Does the code of conduct state that, no matter how many times there are broken promises. I will not complain and should consider myself very lucky to be shafted.

They only do it to special people.

Corporate gaslighting.

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2021, 06:38:35 PM »
Because they have an incredible test match ground with mountains of space in and around it. We have a sh**hole of a non test match ground with no space in and around it. Fairly simple really. If you want to blame someone, then blame the various people who have been in charge at Essex CCC for failing to redevelop Chelmsford despite vowing to do so for the last 15 years.

Offline vim

« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2021, 06:47:57 PM »
If the Brown/East development had gone ahead, we would have been in the position that no one would be admitted. With the amount of development at the River end, it would have been difficult for the teams and ground staff to stick to the conditions.

Offline Andy

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2021, 08:47:50 PM »
Same old problem, having a ground near the city centre means a lack of space for redevelopment. Perhaps when land was cheaper in the early 90s the club could've either moved away or bought the prime Real Estate that was the Old hospital.

Offline vim

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2021, 05:23:56 AM »
The code of conduct is drafted by people who are better than you.

You do not.

Become a name at Lloyds.

Buy into a development that has been completed as Shanrigi-La is not for the likes of you.

Help people with difficulties in moving large amounts of money or gold bars from abroad.

Invest in a Football based spread betting/futures system.

Offline Andy

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2021, 03:50:51 PM »
The code of conduct is drafted by people who are better than you.

You do not.

Become a name at Lloyds.

Buy into a development that has been completed as Shanrigi-La is not for the likes of you.

Help people with difficulties in moving large amounts of money or gold bars from abroad.

Invest in a Football based spread betting/futures system.

I know my place.

Offline Shenfield Eagle

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2021, 10:52:33 AM »
A recorded message on the ticket line contact number advises that they will holding the ballot for the CC games today and advising the successful applications via email. Once the CC ballot is completed they will then move onto the T20 ballot.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2021, 10:58:48 AM »
Thanks Shenfield Eagle

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2021, 11:17:42 AM »
Can posters let us know if you get a ticket please?

Offline nat

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2021, 11:42:23 AM »
A recorded message on the ticket line contact number advises that they will holding the ballot for the CC games today and advising the successful applications via email. Once the CC ballot is completed they will then move onto the T20 ballot.

The way they're currently playing...
those unlucky in the ballot will get two tickets.