Author Topic: 2021 Fixtures  (Read 1360 times)

Offline Crisp

2021 Fixtures
« on: March 31, 2021, 09:31:10 AM »
Please could a colleague at Essex CCC release the fixtures for a website upload?

They are available as many counties have released there own weeks ago?

Offline JasonP

Re: 2021 Fixtures
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 10:15:38 AM »
Please could a colleague at Essex CCC release the fixtures for a website upload?

If you look at the fixtures part on the Matchzone section of the website they seem to have all the matches on there mixed in with 1st XI matches and womens games.  I noticed it the other day.

https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/matchzone/

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 10:18:06 AM »

They are here: https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/fixtures-2021/

Offline Crisp

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 10:34:56 AM »
Many thanks, nice to make it easy for the supporter?

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 01:33:54 PM »
Many thanks, nice to make it easy for the supporter?

They have been there for ages. Are you signed up to the news e-mails because they were flagged up there?

Offline Crisp

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 02:00:42 PM »
Thanks essexfan, I am not, but will get myself affiliated.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 02:26:02 PM »
All a bit disappointing. The excellent Coggeshall mini festival seems to have gone the same way as the first team festivals (unless I'm missing something) and the fixture at Halstead. Maybe focusing on Garon Park and Billericay is a CV19 related decision? I don't know, when spectators are/were allowed if Billericay or Southend attract many followers but Coggeshall (especially) and Halstead always seemed to attract a few fans. Thanks to the people who worked out how to find these on the website!

Offline Perov

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 07:28:57 PM »
I agree Slogger. Always enjoyed Coggeshall and Halstead.
I don't know if spectators will be allowed yet, but there is loads of room at Billericay, and I have been a few times and quite like it.
Spectator wise, not well attended, maybe 20 or 30 on average, plus Fletch!
Free and easy to park, and bar clubhouse is available in normal times.

Offline Perov

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2021, 11:58:51 AM »
In addition to the tight restrictions for First team cricket, I note that second eleven cricket is behind closed doors only.
With the level of spectators attending these games probably fewer than a typical pub garden attendance, to  put a block  on attending the wide open spaces at,  for example,  Billericay, seems taking safety precautions to excess.
I was hoping to have a day or two at Billericay, where you can normally sit 50 yards from the nearest spectator,but obviously it is not to be.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 01:45:00 PM »
In addition to the tight restrictions for First team cricket, I note that second eleven cricket is behind closed doors only.
With the level of spectators attending these games probably fewer than a typical pub garden attendance, to  put a block  on attending the wide open spaces at,  for example,  Billericay, seems taking safety precautions to excess.
I was hoping to have a day or two at Billericay, where you can normally sit 50 yards from the nearest spectator,but obviously it is not to be.

Yes I twigged that too. I would have thought that people could be allowed in after 21 June (assuming restrictions do lift then). I totally get you wouldn't have a "crowd" before then.

Online LeedsExile

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 02:05:06 PM »
As most second eleven games are at club grounds I fail to see how they can prevent any casual passer by watching for the odd hour or two. ;)

Offline smandlej

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 02:41:57 PM »
Or prevent any member of the club.  We are social members of Richmond Cricket Club and can go there to eat or drink when the restaurant and bar are open: we occasionally get a Second XI match there and would be quite happy to time our lunch out when the game was on.

Lynda and Steve

Offline Perov

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 02:52:00 PM »

Yes I twigged that too. I would have thought that people could be allowed in after 21 June (assuming restrictions do lift then). I totally get you wouldn't have a "crowd" before then.

I agree Slogger but the statement said ALL second eleven games this year will behind closed doors.

Offline holidave

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 03:23:00 PM »
Maybe I've misunderstood but there appear to be three or four anomalies in these fixtures.
1) Two 4 day games on 28 June. 2) Home and away matches with Middlesex but only one game against just six others. 3) One T20 game only against Kent but home and away with three 3 others. 4) a double header only against Hampshire, other seasons double headers were the norm.
Can anyone please explain?