Author Topic: Third Test in India  (Read 2647 times)

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
Re: Third Test in India
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 11:37:22 AM »
 The experts always say, if you do not know how the wicket will play, if you win the toss bat. 
Being a day night test, game over BEFORE Loose women ( ITV 12-30 ) on the first day.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 11:51:45 AM by bwildered »

Offline Andy

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 12:23:00 PM »
Well they also say that judgements should be withheld until the other side has batted. What's the odds on India being 200-2 at stumps?

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 12:46:45 PM »
So this is England making Test cricket the priority!!!

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 12:48:25 PM »
England all out by Steph’s Packed Lunch.
The Tipping Point will be if India can be all out by then !

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 03:09:53 PM »
So much for the pink ball swinging like an elephant's bollocks under the lights and England not needing 2 spinners.
I'll be surprised if Joe root doesn't end up bowling more overs than most of the seamers

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 05:34:53 PM »
 The Chase is on, will be a Good Morning in Britain if we can bag quick wickets now that  Kohli out last over of the day.

Offline Postman

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2021, 08:28:55 PM »
I get the impression with Archer (I could be wrong), that he just cant be bothered with the bat.  He looks lazy.  A bit more application and I think he is a decent bat (Not a world beater, but much better than he is showing).
The real trouble with Archer is surely not his ability or lack of it, but that as a first class cricketer he hasn't yet learned his trade. According to CricketArchive he has, including this test, to date played 42 first class matches of which 13 have been Tests, ie only 29 other FC matches, and he last played a CC match for Sussex in Sept 2018. There's no doubting his threat in limited overs especially T20, but he is learning FC cricket in the Test arena. Not ideal and hardly fair on him either.

Online nat

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2021, 10:11:20 PM »
I get the impression with Archer (I could be wrong), that he just cant be bothered with the bat.  He looks lazy.  A bit more application and I think he is a decent bat (Not a world beater, but much better than he is showing).
The real trouble with Archer is surely not his ability or lack of it, but that as a first class cricketer he hasn't yet learned his trade. According to CricketArchive he has, including this test, to date played 42 first class matches of which 13 have been Tests, ie only 29 other FC matches, and he last played a CC match for Sussex in Sept 2018. There's no doubting his threat in limited overs especially T20, but he is learning FC cricket in the Test arena. Not ideal and hardly fair on him either.

The ECB (ICC) are killing Test cricket by stealth. Starve it of 1st class cricket until Test cricket becomes such a poor product that (they hope) cricket supporters will switch their interest to 20-20/Hundred. It's a purely cynical approach.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2021, 10:50:09 AM »
 Turned into a Chelmsford Bunsen. When is Harmer coming on to bowl ? Far more entertaining than a total flat track.

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2021, 10:54:02 AM »
A Michelle for Joe Root. In a Test. Bugger me sideways with a barge pole.
Is ten to 11 too early to get a beer out of the fridge?

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 01:25:42 PM »
Great advert for Test Cricket.......total shambles.  Cook saying you cannot survive on this pitch, let alone score with lots of luck. 

Offline Andy

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 01:27:35 PM »
If this were Chelmsford, then the pitch inspector would be throwing a fit.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2021, 02:50:48 PM »
 Quickest test since 1935, says it all really.

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2021, 02:53:57 PM »
As said, if this was a county game, the home side would be in trouble.  Time the ICC grew a pair

Offline Slogger

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2021, 02:58:02 PM »
Crikey - just like playing at Taunton. And the English batsman best equipped to deal with those conditions was commentating for Channel 4!

I'd love to see a T20 game played on a pitch like that!