Author Topic: Trophies/Awards  (Read 647 times)

Offline honkytonk

Trophies/Awards
« on: January 24, 2021, 04:37:52 PM »
A bit of a random question but I thought about it when watching India vs Aus............All these trophies that sides get for winning Test/One Day and T20 series, where do they all go?  Have the ECB got some large cupboard stacked with all these, do the host country keep them.  Pointless question but I intrigued.

Offline LeedsExile

Re: Trophies/Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 06:07:54 PM »
Have you seen the trophy England are playing for in Sri Lanka? It is called the Moose cup and has antlers!

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/news/the_moose_cup_powered_by_daraz_england_sri_lanka_trophy.html

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 08:37:38 AM »
Lovely.  So where do these all end up!!!

Offline vim

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 09:04:33 AM »
At Derbyshire CC there was a massive trophy taking up most the cabinet. It was donated by a former player and was for being BBC Radio Derby Sports Personality of the year.

Offline nat

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 09:29:46 AM »
At Derbyshire CC there was a massive trophy taking up most the cabinet. It was donated by a former player and was for being BBC Radio Derby Sports Personality of the year.

Well they're not going to need the space for any other trophies!

Offline Andy

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 12:00:13 PM »

Well they're not going to need the space for any other trophies!

They found someone with personality in Derbyshire? Not Geoff “I’m here all week” Miller?