Author Topic: Sri Lanka 2021.  (Read 2976 times)

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
Sri Lanka 2021.
« on: January 03, 2021, 04:56:43 PM »
Speculation that Dan Lawrence might replace Crawley at three , who moves up to open due to Burns unavailability.

Offline LeedsExile

Re: Sri Lanka 2021.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 07:30:32 AM »
Does anyone really care? It seems ludicrous to me that they are even out there.

Offline Crisp

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 07:49:18 AM »
LeedsExile, you are sounding like a true Yorkie.

Without our visit, there is a strong possibility Sri Lanka will disappear even further down the tubes.

They need the TV revenue to survive, that's why the test team went to SA at such short notice.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 10:59:55 AM »
I take your point Crisp and for the record I was born and bred in Wanstead. Perhaps I have been up here too long and acquired Yorkshire ways but I am genuinely concerned about the mental welfare of players in these endless bubbles for matches that few will remember.

Offline Andy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 04:39:11 PM »
Well, where would you want to be UK in lockdown mk3 or somewhere warm with an opportunity to play cricket?

Compare living in a relatively luxurious biobubble with a 12 hour shift in a local NHS hospital or a teacher ordered to put themselves into a classroom because some clown doesn't have the cojones to make a tough decision until the very last minute.

Rant over
;)

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 01:16:38 PM »
 Having who the toss the Sri Lanka found every way possible to get themselves out, a pure village cricket innings. Having quickly losing two wickets, the Yorkie duo Capt Root and Bairstow milked the bowling. Next man in Lawrence of Chingford .

Online nat

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 03:29:35 PM »
Having who the toss the Sri Lanka found every way possible to get themselves out, a pure village cricket innings. Having quickly losing two wickets, the Yorkie duo Capt Root and Bairstow milked the bowling. Next man in Lawrence of Chingford .
Shelled a straightforward catch. I've seen him drop a few.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 04:59:50 PM »

I've seen him catch some great catches.

Why are you always sooo negative about our players - except one who can do no wrong. No-one is perfect - not even you :)

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 06:02:05 PM »

[/quote]

I've seen him catch some great catches.

Why are you always sooo negative about our players - except one who can do no wrong. No-one is perfect - not even you :)

Perhaps also you could learn to express your grammar properly, your first sentence did not read too well.
[/quote]

Offline firehazard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 08:57:35 AM »
Have to love a day of Test cricket that ends up on Root 66.

Online oldhasbeen

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 12:10:55 PM »
Have to love a day of Test cricket that ends up on Root 66.
Good joke for us old rockers!

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2021, 12:46:05 PM »
Nice one Dan, great to see Root getting a big score as well, excellent position for Eng to push for a win.

Offline Andy

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2021, 01:34:42 PM »
At least it will provide us with options in the batting. Slightly concerned about his technique and whether he could be found out by Starc, Cummins and Hazelwood.

Actually I'd like to see Foakes have a run in the side as he's a proper keeper and it means that the likes of Buttler Bairstow et al can have a rest especially with the challenges of living in a bubble. It also weakens Surrey...

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 07:47:48 AM »
Foakes is our best Test Keeper Batsman. Should be playing anyway

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 03:33:38 PM »
Already talk of Foakes taking part at some point of the Indian leg of the tour. Actually Buttler has kept very well in the test .