Author Topic: Members Forum 8th December  (Read 2783 times)

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
Re: Members Forum 8th December
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 02:33:10 PM »
Recent experience at football was, got chosen has season ticket holder , sent email about three days before to accept attendance and terms and conditions which accepted, about two days before got another email with allocated seat.
Had to download ticket on gate for scanning. Can see this being not dissimilar.
Problem is members to seat ratio, at away test match grounds not a problem for conference games , but any restrictions home members WILL obviously take priority.
Anybody not allocated a seat and a member will receive streaming service, non member will have to pay a fee .

I usually attend several days and book B&B so would need to know in advance as would people who work to arrange time off.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2020, 03:53:38 PM »
The current guidance from DCMS (and I stress current because it may all change by April) says no "away" fans admitted. Mainly to cut down on lengthy travel. They don't want people travelling about the country and spreading CV19. If you live in a tier 3 area you are strongly advised not travel outside it. So if, say, Basildon is tier 3 but Chelmsford is tier 2 members resident in Basildon would be discouraged from attending the county ground. I know the current tiering system hasn't been applied at district/borough level (although some Tory backbenchers are pressing for just that) so just an example.

Clearly all the ground would have to be used. The very narrow walkway around the back of the public side must be a real headache. You'd have to have a one way system? My guess is you could get around 900 people in if you have to have 2 metre spacing. I don't know if the club have commented on how many they could accommodate.

Someone asked about using outgrounds but that was quickly shot down on cost grounds. The funny thing is if you told people to bring their own chairs and sit in household groups only it would probably work quite well at somewhere like Castle Park....

Offline Postman

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 05:07:05 PM »
The current guidance from DCMS (and I stress current because it may all change by April) says no "away" fans admitted. Mainly to cut down on lengthy travel. They don't want people travelling about the country and spreading CV19. If you live in a tier 3 area you are strongly advised not travel outside it. So if, say, Basildon is tier 3 but Chelmsford is tier 2 members resident in Basildon would be discouraged from attending the county ground. I know the current tiering system hasn't been applied at district/borough level (although some Tory backbenchers are pressing for just that) so just an example.

Clearly all the ground would have to be used. The very narrow walkway around the back of the public side must be a real headache. You'd have to have a one way system? My guess is you could get around 900 people in if you have to have 2 metre spacing. I don't know if the club have commented on how many they could accommodate.

Someone asked about using outgrounds but that was quickly shot down on cost grounds. The funny thing is if you told people to bring their own chairs and sit in household groups only it would probably work quite well at somewhere like Castle Park....
Slogger makes a good point at the end there. Last season (after club cricket was allowed to restart) I went to several matches in the East Anglian Premier League where this is exactly what happened, people brought chairs etc and sat in groups without any fuss or stewarding, and that included the championship play off at Mildenhall at the end of September where I would guess there were about 300 people. The home clubs were allowed to open their bars provided people queued sensibly and one way systems were in force inside to get there and to the loos.  OK, you're talking smaller numbers than would come to first class cricket but against that you have more space to play with. Let's see some imagination here please.

Offline vim

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2020, 08:07:32 PM »
The ideal place for social distancing would be Garon Park. Especially as unlike the David East time one end is not reserved for Corporate.

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 08:09:18 AM »
Come back Barren Park all is forgiven.

Offline nat

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 11:19:04 AM »
It's up on the website now: https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2020/12/09/watch-decembers-end-of-year-members-forum/

No Ronnie again  ;D
Having watched most of the forum JF seems to be taking an increasingly dominant role. Maybe that might explain the rather abrupt departure of DB.

Offline Suffolk Richard

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »
It's up on the website now: https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2020/12/09/watch-decembers-end-of-year-members-forum/

No Ronnie again  ;D
Having watched most of the forum JF seems to be taking an increasingly dominant role. Maybe that might explain the rather abrupt departure of DB.

JF like many others may have his faults, but as a member he clearly believes his acting in the best interests of the club. His domineering tone will definitely come in handy when he deals with the ECB's of this world etc.

Offline Pembury47

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2020, 10:41:58 AM »

Kent have already recognised their members by displaying their names on a new-look County Championship shirt in 2021, and members who didn't claim their money back in 2020 will receive 25 per cent off their fees for next summer.

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2020, 11:05:21 AM »

Kent have already recognised their members by displaying their names on a new-look County Championship shirt in 2021

Rob Key XXXL size?  ;)

Middx are giving out season long guest passes to members.

I guess the cramped nature of the Fortress precludes that for Essex.