Author Topic: Membership Resignation.  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Perov

Membership Resignation.
« on: October 05, 2020, 03:30:21 PM »
I have been a member since the 70's and have renewed  every year since.
This year, with no cricket, and exceptional times, I took it on the chin, and accepted the club needed my money so did not request a refund.
However, with no end in sight of this virus, (and I hope I'm wrong),  I  am not confident we will get to attend cricket next season either.
I'm not keen on paying out again for another full  season without any cricket, so will delay renewing.
However, I seem to recall, ( it was certainly in the little members book / pass we had used to have  issued) if members wished to resign they had to do so by 31st December. Is that still required or can I hang on until March / April to see if it is worth renewing?

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
Re: Membership Resignation.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 04:05:56 PM »
What about asking at the Members forum tomorrow?

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 04:35:19 PM »
Jut found this:  "Any  Member  or Associate  wishing  to  resign  shall  notify  the  Chief  Executive  in  writing  not  later  than 1stJanuary; otherwise such Member or Associate will be liable to pay that year’s subscription."

https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1.-Essex-CCC-Constitution-April-2018.pdf

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 04:36:44 PM »
I received my full £230 refund from Yorkshire last week. Today they have put next years Memberships on sale with the prices frozen. You have until February 26th for an early bird discount of £15 which seems very reasonable to me. Hopefully by then we will have a better idea of the prospects of watching cricket next season.

Offline bobw

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 07:46:17 PM »
Jut found this:  "Any  Member  or Associate  wishing  to  resign  shall  notify  the  Chief  Executive  in  writing  not  later  than 1stJanuary; otherwise such Member or Associate will be liable to pay that year’s subscription."

https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/1.-Essex-CCC-Constitution-April-2018.pdf

Just cancel any DD, not pay and what are the club going to do? Take you to court?

Offline Perov

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 07:53:04 PM »
Thanks for the info.
Probably best to cancel before the end of the year, and if things are OK rejoin in the spring.
May then also get invited to the new members hospitality day! 

Offline Slogger

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 08:59:35 AM »
One would hope the club would think this through a bit - Yorkshire's early bird offer until mid February looks like the sort of approach to adopt. We may have more of a feel by then what next year might look like.

I've got a feeling that limited crowds might be allowed at some point next year but I can see members needing to book seats etc and probably having to enter and leave in timed slots. A one way system around the ground would probably have to be in place, especially on the public side and Hayes Close.

Offline Perov

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 05:35:28 PM »

I put in a question but it was skimmed over without addressing the issue. They did say they won't take any direct debits  at the moment, but otherwise very vague.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 07:29:53 PM »

I put in a question but it was skimmed over without addressing the issue. They did say they won't take any direct debits  at the moment, but otherwise very vague.

They said they would communicate again before taking any money.

Offline Perov

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2020, 08:29:04 AM »
They will not take any direct debits until February 2021.
As previously mentioned, members who paid in full for 2020 will get a 20% discount on 2021 prices, ............which have been increased by 10%.
Therefore anyone renewing will now only get a 10% reduction.

Depending on the virus situation,  entrance to the ground may be limited to a  small proportion of members, maybe on a booking, or ballot system.
Entrance to non members (pay at the gate) at the moment looks very unlikely.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 02:53:04 PM »
"On or around 20th January 2021 – Renewal packs to be sent out.
On or around 27th January 2021 – Membership on sale to both existing and new Members.
On or around 26th February 2021 – Direct Debit payments to be collected."

£177.30    Adult Standard Membership – Age: 26-63
Existing Member Renewals ONLY
Early Bird – £166.50 (Ends 01st March 2021)"

https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/membership-2021/

Offline pablo

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 12:31:11 PM »
I have just received my invitation to renew my membership for 2021. I paid in full last year wanting to support the club and got nothing in return except a streaming promise which was available anyway on you tube for nothing. I am now being asked to pay again NOW with a high probability there will be no cricket to watch in the flesh all season and certainly no chance of seeing anything before May. If I wait to see how things pan out  e.g  by early, April I would have to pay an extra £20 for late renewal. I appreciate the appalling financial blows cast upon all organisations including sports clubs but maybe if the ECB hadn't blown millions of pounds up the wall on the absurd 100 the counties might have some leeway to give concessions to equally hard pressed members/supporters. Surely we can't be asked in perpetuity to cough up money for no or very little return?

Offline nat

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 01:54:22 PM »
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice...

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 01:57:42 PM »
I think we will see some cricket this season. Not sure starting when, but think we will

Offline mawallace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2021, 04:41:34 PM »
There's a couple of interesting points in the video and email sent across, in which it's said:-

- direct Debit - won't be taken until it's clear when we will be able to see cricket at the ground (but no sign of a discount if it's half way through the season) and

-
However if and when permitted, Members will be the only supporters who have access to watch cricket in a safe and secure environment at The Cloudfm County Ground.

Can't think that's right - will that apply to the T20's?

or does it means that non members will be allowed in, but in an 'unsafe and insecure' environment  ;D :)