Author Topic: Got any questions for Peter Moores & Kevin Shine?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline oldhasbeen

Got any questions for Peter Moores & Kevin Shine?
« on: May 18, 2020, 03:14:41 PM »
Mssrs Moores & Shine have taken a bit of flak from some on this board - here's a chance to put your questions to them:

"Dair Magazine@DairMagazine

Hosting Pete Moores & Kevin Shine on Wednesday at 12pm, streaming live on our social media channels. Tune in or join the webinar by signing up at

https://dairmagazine.com/register

Hope to see you there. "

Offline oldhasbeen

Re: Got any questions for Peter Moores & Kevin Shine?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 10:51:44 AM »
Did anyone see this? Quite an interesting discussion

Offline nat

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 11:41:59 AM »
Did they 'fess up to over coaching?

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 05:12:22 PM »
Did they 'fess up to over coaching?
They talked about over-coaching in response to a question.  Peter Moores, talking about coaching youngsters, emphasised the need to keep make playing the game enjoyable, which loads of negative comment  can ruin - like it did at my school.
They both talked about having progressed from being overly "process-driven"  (Kevin Shine's words) to a more soft/touchy-feely/individual approach (my words.) They both now believe coaching is more art than science.
Peter Moores talked about the need to watch a lot and say a little. Pretty good advice in many spheres of life, IMHO

I would have liked the opportunity to ask Peter Moores about  whether his coaching approach was more suited to younger players and/or good county pros than experienced Test player. KP hated Moores, but Joe Root has spoken of him in very positive terms.

Offline Andy

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2020, 04:06:58 PM »
Oldhasbeen. KP hate everyone (apart from Piers Morgan, who I’ve strangely warmed to over the past few weeks). Indeed, the feeling seems to be mutual.

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2020, 04:14:09 PM »
Oldhasbeen. KP hate everyone (apart from Piers Morgan, who I’ve strangely warmed to over the past few weeks). Indeed, the feeling seems to be mutual.
Now be fair, Andy. KP certainly loves himself.