Author Topic: The big give away starts  (Read 1616 times)

Offline bobw

The big give away starts
« on: December 10, 2019, 08:04:33 PM »
The big give away of Hundred tickets has started.

Any club that registers for the new dynamos program for 8 to 10 year olds gets free tickets (not sure how many) for the Hundred.

How many more schemes will there be?

Offline nat

Re: The big give away starts
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 09:05:18 PM »
A hundred?

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 08:20:41 AM »
The grounds will be full of kids and people with no interest in cricket. Precisely what they want. Let them have their circus but it should not be reported on our official website or any serious cricket website.

Offline Crisp

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 08:31:48 AM »
Firstly, let me categorically state that I will not be attending this fiasco, which to me,could potentially bankrupt English cricket.

My question is, have they tried to steal Essex members to the games by offering reduced tickets to watch the Spirit yet?

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 10:18:43 AM »
The grounds will be full of kids and people with no interest in cricket. Precisely what they want. Let them have their circus but it should not be reported on our official website or any serious cricket website.

Why not.  My boy had no interest in cricket (7 years old).  Took him to a T20 (shorter format to ease him in).  Now he is on at me to take him to a 4 day game next year.  He sat watching the highlights of the Eng NZ test series and loved it.  Cant get enough of the game now, that must be a good thing

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 11:32:55 AM »
T20 at least adheres to the basic principles of cricket. Therefore someone can then transfer to a longer format with a reasonable expectation of understanding events. This drivel with 10 ball overs, time outs etc bares no resemblance to cricket and should not be called so.

Offline nat

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »
T20 at least adheres to the basic principles of cricket. Therefore someone can then transfer to a longer format with a reasonable expectation of understanding events. This drivel with 10 ball overs, time outs etc bares no resemblance to cricket and should not be called so.

Agreed. It should be called Billy Smart's Hundred.

Offline Andy

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 03:27:35 PM »

Agreed. It should be called Billy Smart's Hundred.

With Ashley Giles in a sparkly leotard atop a white horse.