Author Topic: Finals Day .  (Read 19773 times)

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
Finals Day .
« on: September 05, 2019, 08:57:28 PM »
Views and news for finals run up .

Offline golden duck

Re: Finals Day .
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 07:45:07 AM »
So with five teams left in the competition my geography is correct and we have significantly further to travel than the other four, yes? So as that has always been the justification for who gets the afternoon semi final we should get the better slot at last?
Might mean considerably more demand for tickets if people can travel at a reasonable time. Think demand might outstrip supply.
On balance though hope for an afternoon slot and a first final appearance in the evening.

Offline nat

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 08:29:10 AM »
Well two weeks to go and no news of tickets. Typical I suppose.

Offline Can the Can

• Absolutely plumb?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 08:41:28 AM »
Think they will be £86 for adults and £36 for kids. (Info gleaned from Pears website)

Wonder how many of the  "can't stand T20" brigade will now show an interest.

Offline nat

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 08:48:08 AM »
Think they will be £86 for adults and £36 for kids. (Info gleaned from Pears website)

Well at that price I think I'll stay at home and watch on Sky.

Offline Can the Can

• Absolutely plumb?
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 09:03:13 AM »
Thankfully I don't have Sky so I can afford to go. ;D

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2019, 10:21:28 AM »
Well two weeks to go and no news of tickets. Typical I suppose

E-mail just received:

"The Club are pleased to announce the ticket policy for the upcoming visit to Finals Day, which will take place at Edgbaston on Saturday 21 September (Reserve Day is Sunday 22 September if required).

There will be a small allocation of tickets on sale for Essex Members and supporters, with the opening priority window starting on Monday (9 September).

This will be followed by a purchase window for Vitality Blast Season Ticket holders, with any remaining tickets going on sale to 2019 Vitality Blast Essex Eagles ticket buyers.

The event is sold out directly via Edgbaston, but all tickets sold via Essex Cricket will be priced at £86.00 Adults and £36.00 Juniors (U16s) + £5 booking fee per ticket."

Offline APW91

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2019, 10:25:26 AM »

Ticket news can be found here;
https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2019/09/07/finals-day-ticket-on-sale-information/

The prices you’ve mentioned above are correct.

PS if anyone wants a friends and family code for Sky, send me a message. It’s 40% off I believe.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 10:33:35 AM »
I'm a life member and rarely go to T20. I won't be applying for a ticket. I think people who attend this format should get the first chance on going. Good luck to the team.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2019, 10:48:37 AM »
I'm a life member and rarely go to T20. I won't be applying for a ticket. I think people who attend this format should get the first chance on going. Good luck to the team.

I agree - I won't be going either.

Offline afinetickletoleg

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »

The event is sold out directly via Edgbaston, but all tickets sold via Essex Cricket will be priced at £86.00 Adults and £36.00 Juniors (U16s) + £5 booking fee per ticket."

My boy wants to go but at a cost of £132 plus return travel and refreshment expenses I think he'll have to settle for watching on Sky.

Offline neil

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »
Interesting that for all the earlier talk on here about "gun overseas batsmen" none of the teams on final day really have one. I guess Dan Christian is the nearest.

Seems more about teams who work well together as a unit

Offline JasonP

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 11:50:35 AM »
Interesting that for all the earlier talk on here about "gun overseas batsmen" none of the teams on final day really have one. I guess Dan Christian is the nearest.

Worcester have Guptill and Gloucester, if they get through, have Klinger.   Klinger looked to be finished but in the last 3 matches has looked like he used to.  I presume Guptill is available but I'm not sure.
Worcester look a very strong side and are big favourites I think.  If everyones available they have Guptill, Rutherford, Wessels, Ali as a top 4 with the likes of Whiteley, Parnell, Cox and Barnard to follow.
I think we'll probably be without Amir and Zampa, so our bowling will be pretty weak.  I know it was mentioned elsewhere that Zampa would be available but I think it's unlikely.  Tymal Mills on sky last night said that Alex Carey wouldn't have been available for Finals Day should Sussex have got there as the Australians have to go home to play in their 50 over tournament.  Carey plays for South Australia which is the same team Zampa plays for.  Zampa was in the Aussie 50 over world cup squad so if we wants to stay in that he'll want to play in that and is probably contracted to do so.

Offline neil

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 12:00:24 PM »
I really like Klinger as a player but not sure about describing him as a gun batsman. I was thinking more about people  like ABdeV - the sort of player some on here were calling for. 'Batsman for hire". Klinger has been with Glos for quite a while

Fair point about Guptill. I had Callum Ferguson in mind when I was thinking about Worcestershire

I can only go on what the Essex CCC site said about his availability. I hope you are wrong. You aren't normally, though!

Offline Can the Can

• Absolutely plumb?
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »

Worcester have Guptill and Gloucester, if they get through, have Klinger.   Klinger looked to be finished but in the last 3 matches has looked like he used to.  I presume Guptill is available but I'm not sure.
Worcester look a very strong side and are big favourites I think.  If everyones available they have Guptill, Rutherford, Wessels, Ali as a top 4 with the likes of Whiteley, Parnell, Cox and Barnard to follow.
I think we'll probably be without Amir and Zampa, so our bowling will be pretty weak.  I know it was mentioned elsewhere that Zampa would be available but I think it's unlikely.  Tymal Mills on sky last night said that Alex Carey wouldn't have been available for Finals Day should Sussex have got there as the Australians have to go home to play in their 50 over tournament.  Carey plays for South Australia which is the same team Zampa plays for.  Zampa was in the Aussie 50 over world cup squad so if we wants to stay in that he'll want to play in that and is probably contracted to do so.

As per club website 21.12.2018

Essex County Cricket Club are delighted to announce that Australian international leg-spinner, Adam Zampa, has re-signed with the Club for the 2019 Vitality Blast, including any potential matches in the later knockout stages of the competition.