Author Topic: Lancashire  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Rev1000

Lancashire
« on: September 01, 2019, 06:18:04 AM »
So who is available for next Wed?  Amir? Delport? Ravi?

Offline mawallace

• Global Moderator
Re: Lancashire
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 07:15:26 AM »
When the club signed the overseas players they said Zampa would be available for group stages. They were silent on Delport but did say he would come back for final day. I am assuming he will play in quarter final.

Amir has been selected for Pakistan one day squad.  The first game is 27 September but there is currently a training camp which he, along with others, were allowed to join after the Blast so they could fulfil the county commitments.  I'm not sure therefore when he has to return  as originally he was due back on Aug 16

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 10:00:39 AM »
When the club signed the overseas players they said Zampa would be available for group stages. They were silent on Delport but did say he would come back for final day. I am assuming he will play in quarter final.

Amir has been selected for Pakistan one day squad.  The first game is 27 September but there is currently a training camp which he, along with others, were allowed to join after the Blast so they could fulfil the county commitments.  I'm not sure therefore when he has to return  as originally he was due back on Aug 16
He was due to return at the end of his contract, which is now. Gutting really, as well as we’ve done over the past week, I can’t see us winning without him. He’s simply too important a player to lose. The way he closed out the games against Sussex and Kent was masterful.

So apparently Lancs chose to play at Durham because they haven’t lose their in 7 years. They smashed their group and have a superb batting lineup with a great T20 spinner in Parkinson. This is basically a free hit for us with no pressure whatsoever so I hope we just go out and have a good go. If we get beat then never mind, we did well to get to this point anyway and it’ll save me a shed load of cash on a finals day ticket.

Offline mawallace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 10:05:43 AM »
To confirm. This morning Amir has 'tweeted' that it was good to be with Essex and best of luck with the qualifiers. Guess he is off then!

Offline Postman

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 11:54:56 AM »
That's a pity, but to be honest I'm more concerned about whether we can get another overseas bowler for the last 3 CC matches.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 12:13:04 PM »
My Lancashire friend has Test match tickets so won't be going - she usually follows the team everywhere.