Author Topic: Glamorgan  (Read 1765 times)

Offline ytsejam1

Glamorgan
« on: August 09, 2019, 04:57:49 PM »
I wonder what we will get tonight?!....Arguably Glamorgan are the only side weaker than us in the T20 and we are very much in the last chance saloon (on paper, if not in reality) with this years T20 and also do tend to play better in the next match after an embarrassing performance, so i am expecting a quite comfortable victory tonight.....

Offline nat

Re: Glamorgan
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 05:00:56 PM »
I wonder what we will get tonight?!....Arguably Glamorgan are the only side weaker than us in the T20 and we are very much in the last chance saloon (on paper, if not in reality) with this years T20 and also do tend to play better in the next match after an embarrassing performance, so i am expecting a quite comfortable victory tonight.....

Well I'm expecting ....
a rain off and 1pt each. No doubt the club will then take the positives.

Online LeedsExile

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 05:35:20 PM »
I think there is a strong case for saying that Surrey are worse than Essex considering their resources. I read somewhere that so far this season they have only won 5 matches in all formats.

Offline JasonP

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 05:38:33 PM »
Forecast looks really dodgy still, but having lost the toss, it's put us up against it.  If it goes ahead it will be a shortened game which will favour the team batting second.

Offline nat

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 08:00:31 PM »
I win tonight's prize.

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 09:13:51 PM »
I think there is a strong case for saying that Surrey are worse than Essex considering their resources. I read somewhere that so far this season they have only won 5 matches in all formats.

Surrey have been decimated by injuries especially up to June but they have considerably greater resources than us as has been stated.Our final T20 away game may well be a wooden spoon battle, doubt there will be a full house.

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 09:32:05 PM »
Most people go to the Oval for the beer snakes.

I reckon it will be close to sold out.

Offline mawallace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 07:19:45 AM »
https://www.kiaoval.com/main-news/surrey-smash-record-t20-ticket-sales/

I dont think it will be half full!

As an aside,  one observation I have is that we seem to offer very little along the game, apart fron the beer.

I did not like the dancing girls, but the give aways, chance to meet the Eagles and other activities all seem to be missing.  The whole atmosphere feels flat compared with other grounds

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2019, 01:02:15 AM »
I loved the dancing girls. Something pretty to look at made up for the s***e served up on the field whenever I’ve been down.

Offline Perov

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2019, 09:07:48 AM »
I remember the bucking bronco, when Phil Tufnell went on it whilst holding a "99" ice cream.
Of course it went all over his jacket and tie, and despite a clean up operation, the damp marks were clear to see later when he did his Sky commentary slot.

Offline nat

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2019, 09:45:44 AM »
I remember the bucking bronco, when Phil Tufnell went on it whilst holding a "99" ice cream.
Of course it went all over his jacket and tie, and despite a clean up operation, the damp marks were clear to see later when he did his Sky commentary slot.
Yep i heard that the bronco put in a complaint.

Offline Andy

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2019, 01:08:30 PM »
I loved the dancing girls. Something pretty to look at made up for the s***e served up on the field whenever I’ve been down.

My wife noticed that the dancers in the ipl were covered up if they were Indian, but mostly unclothed if they were 'golden monkeys' (an affectionate term for us westerners, apparently). That was before i was stopped from watching the IPL.

Offline afinetickletoleg

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2019, 08:22:41 AM »

My wife noticed that the dancers in the ipl were covered up if they were Indian, but mostly unclothed if they were 'golden monkeys' (an affectionate term for us westerners, apparently). That was before i was stopped from watching the IPL.

Your wife is correct.  Nothing racist about it though.