Author Topic: Meteor Way car parking  (Read 2704 times)

Offline nat

Meteor Way car parking
« on: June 24, 2019, 08:32:22 PM »
Would the club confirm that the following points are club policy.

1.  Member of opposition clubs are permitted to park in Meteor Way club car park

2.  Spaces are reserved for certain non-members of the club

If these points are not club policy then please would they inform their stewards to act accordingly.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 08:54:53 PM by nat »

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
Re: Meteor Way car parking
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:05:50 PM »
nat I'm not sure anyone from the club actually reads the posts these days. Maybe should should address these questions to the office?

I've seen opposition members allowed to use Meteor way ... not sure that is fair as it sometimes has been full.

Offline Suffolk Richard

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 10:28:08 PM »
Would the club confirm that the following points are club policy.

1.  Member of opposition clubs are permitted to park in Meteor Way club car park

2.  Spaces are reserved for certain non-members of the club

If these points are not club policy then please would they inform their stewards to act accordingly.

On point 1 -  Provided Essex members are allowed to use car parking facilities on away trips, then nothing wrong with opposition members using ours.

On point 2 - Funny enough whilst I was paying at the gate today the steward said they are trying to get someone out who shouldn't be there.

Does anybody manage to get in without showing their membership badge? If so, it could be a case of getting people parked as quickly as possible to avoid queues going out to the main road etc.

Offline Perov

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 06:10:40 AM »
On exit, a left turn only sign would be helpful, as there is always some plonker trying to turn right, across two lanes of oncoming traffic, and causing a tailback of those trying to leave.

Offline vim

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 07:57:00 AM »
The getting someone out who should not be there. I have seen in the past a corporate member or member of the media being stopped by the steward and told that they have allocated parking elsewhere and should not be taking a place in the main car park.

If Chelmsford Council were not such Nazis about parking in the City we would not have these problems. I can remember when you could park at the end of London Road all day. Of course now it is taken up by a bus lane that might see a bus every 20 minutes.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 09:09:31 AM »
I've given up on driving to the ground. Too much hassle with parking and the tortuous walk. Of course the walk to the station has got longer too! I was amazed by the mixing up of pedestrians and traffic at the main gate when Mrs Slogger gave me a lift on Sunday. That's an accident waiting to happen. I also see people have started taking a short cut through the hedge at the River gate.

Offline squarelegumpire

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 05:50:23 PM »
On exit, a left turn only sign would be helpful, as there is always some plonker trying to turn right, across two lanes of oncoming traffic, and causing a tailback of those trying to leave.

If you can only turn left (and I can see why you’ve feelings about doing so) how do those of us who want to use the A12 northwards get back on track?

Genuine question

Offline vim

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 05:59:41 PM »
Square

Simply turn left then at the Petrol Station and Newsagent turn right. Turn left into a side road and come out at Rainsford Road and turn left.

The wallies trying to turn right out of Meteor Way will have to wait for you to pass.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 06:54:49 PM »
Easier to have both , can only get out onto the main road if there is a suitable gap while looking right which ever way you require to go .
Those who turn right them get out into the middle of the road and await for a vehicle from the left to give way. In the mean time those who want to turn left can also sneak out .

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 07:41:34 PM »
Easier to have both , can only get out onto the main road if there is a suitable gap while looking right which ever way you require to go .
Those who turn right them get out into the middle of the road and await for a vehicle from the left to give way. In the mean time those who want to turn left can also sneak out .

A pity they can't do what existed at Castle Park, sadly there is no nearby roundabout cars can use to turn at if they wish to go North after initially turning left out of the ground.

Offline Perov

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 06:01:39 AM »
Turn left onto main road, swing right into Beeches Road,  turn round, and exit Beeches Road left  ( there is a keep clear area on the road,) so they always let you out,  and in less than a minute you are back on track for the A12.

Or turn left, go up to Writtel Road, turn left into Writtel Road past the Crematorium, up to BBC Essex corner, the turn right or left, which ever suits you best.

I always use option one and it's a lot quicker than trying to turn right.

Offline squarelegumpire

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2019, 06:36:18 AM »
Vim, Perov, thanks. Must admit I often leave at tea, so there's not usually any problem, but of course yesterday there was, and of course, and understandably there'd been a scrum trying to get out of the carpark itself.

Actually, when I did get to Rainsford Road, traffic was moving very slowly, so I was waved across when trying to turn right.

At least I think I was being waved across; guy going towards the city seemed only to have two fingers on his hand when he was waving. (LOL.... not true!)

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022, 06:41:20 PM »
Please note those attending Meteor way, the stewards are informing/ reminding attendees that they need to leave 30 MINS after play. Gates locked thereafter.