Author Topic: Website and logo launched  (Read 10873 times)

Offline IlfordEagle

Re: Website and logo launched
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2019, 04:50:20 PM »
I can't see any 'neutrals' eg Kent fans supporting Oval Greats, Somerset & Gloucs re Welsh rarebits or whatever they're called.
Total farce!!

Offline smandlej

« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2019, 05:32:35 PM »
More and more these names sound like comestibles.  Oval Greats remind me of Oval Alberts (crackers for cheese) and Manchester Originals could have been set up to rival Duchy Originals.  London Spirit, as has already been said, sounds like a new gin and Southern Brave and Welsh Fire surely must be spirits as well.

I thought people had been warning the ECB not to make the names too city-specific, to avoid alienating potential attendees from other areas?

Lynda

Online vim

« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2019, 05:57:28 PM »
I watched the Baseball game from the London stadium on Saturday. Taking into account half the 60000 crowd were American, that still leaves 30000. Looking at the crowd, they had got the family atmosphere that the 100 is looking for.

There are two games arranged for next year as well. Lets see if the 100 gets anywhere a crowd of 30000 at a game. I look forward to laughing at the near empty grounds on my TV. Just as in October American sports fans will laugh at the pathetic 100 player draft.

Offline squarelegumpire

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2019, 07:12:39 PM »
More and more these names sound like comestibles.  Oval Greats remind me of Oval Alberts (crackers for cheese) and Manchester Originals could have been set up to rival Duchy Originals.  London Spirit, as has already been said, sounds like a new gin and Southern Brave and Welsh Fire surely must be spirits as well.

I thought people had been warning the ECB not to make the names too city-specific, to avoid alienating potential attendees from other areas?

Lynda

I don't think Manchester whatever it is will appeal to people in the Liverpool area.Or anywhere much outside Greater Manchester. And I can't see English people from the West of England falling over themselves for Welsh Fire.

Anyway, how much, ignoring transport costs, will it cost to watch this bumblepuppy? Do we yet know how much a standard ticket will be? Or a family one?

Offline nat

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2019, 07:44:22 PM »

Lynda

I don't think Manchester whatever it is will appeal to people in the Liverpool area.Or anywhere much outside Greater Manchester. And I can't see English people from the West of England falling over themselves for Welsh Fire.

Anyway, how much, ignoring transport costs, will it cost to watch this bumblepuppy? Do we yet know how much a standard ticket will be? Or a family one?

Well given that tickets for the England vs NZ game on Wednesday are going for £100+ (still available folks) then I'm going to guess £30/adult.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2019, 06:16:48 AM »
I think the tickets will be cheap as they are desperate to avoid empty stadiums being seen on tv for their brave new world.

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2019, 03:34:28 PM »
Given that the games will be even shorter than T20 then they definitely shouldn't cost more (most I've paid is £32 on the day at The Oval), I'd agree £30 should be the top price especially if they're aiming for families then you're looking at approx £100 for 2 hours & a bit which is a lot.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2019, 05:43:32 PM »
They'd have to pay me to go ...

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2019, 08:59:51 PM »
I watched the Baseball game from the London stadium on Saturday. Taking into account half the 60000 crowd were American, that still leaves 30000. Looking at the crowd, they had got the family atmosphere that the 100 is looking for.

There are two games arranged for next year as well. Lets see if the 100 gets anywhere a crowd of 30000 at a game. I look forward to laughing at the near empty grounds on my TV. Just as in October American sports fans will laugh at the pathetic 100 player draft.
I was there as well. Brilliant day, bring on next year! If only Essex could get a T20 at the ground, cheap prices and proper promotion on a good date with top oversees players and I don’t see why we couldn’t attract 30k

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2019, 06:05:05 AM »

Copy of article May2018 regards cricket at London Stadium

recent article suggests the London Stadium, would become a nightmare for any form of cricket.
First problem was glare at dusk from the surroundings especially the persplex canopy . So moving the wicket  around was the answer, but the sight screens then hindered the reply screens. The press box was then in the wrong place with new temporary floodlights . The TV positions for football and cricket required all new locations and more with cricket to accommodate . Alas when all considered 30,000 empty seats, half the original captiicity was the result .
Too many no bums on seats was the final no no for World Cup 2019 fixture .

Offline mawallace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2019, 06:29:34 AM »
Yes I recall this. ECB seriously wanted to hold World Cup there but couldn't due those issues and more.

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2019, 06:54:17 PM »
Anyone seen the stories of Warwickshire using a guaranteed 100 ball contract with their franchise team as a way to attract players? Could they have done this to Dan Lawrence?

Offline JasonP

« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2019, 08:12:24 PM »
Anyone seen the stories of Warwickshire using a guaranteed 100 ball contract with their franchise team as a way to attract players? Could they have done this to Dan Lawrence?

https://warwickshireccc.com/news/club-statement/

They're denying it but I guess they would do!  I'm not really sure how it will work.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2019, 08:26:00 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me. Any word on Lawrence and a new contract?

Offline nat

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2019, 08:52:55 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me. Any word on Lawrence and a new contract?
He's an Essex boy. Probably doesn't even know where Warwickshire is.