Author Topic: Q & A Wednesday 5th Sept  (Read 3281 times)

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
Q & A Wednesday 5th Sept
« on: September 02, 2018, 07:59:29 PM »
On the website I note there is  Q & A session with the Chairman advertised for Wednesday lunchtime ...

Online nat

Re: Q & A Wednesday 5th Sept
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 08:45:49 PM »
On the website I note there is  Q & A session with the Chairman advertised for Wednesday lunchtime ...

Get those questions in regarding the unfit ground last week!

Offline afinetickletoleg

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:37:24 PM »

Why did it rain?

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 02:39:27 PM »

Why did it rain?

Ever the apologist for club failings.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 07:45:05 PM »
Some  points I can remember after a long drive home in no particular order - will add more later or others may of they wish:

Lawyers are working on getting the £600 000 we are owed from the development; the 'other party' are dragging their heels in signing this off.

Alastair Cook has signed a three year contract.

Someone asked about Foster - we were told he has come to the end of his career.

Siddle will be back

JF felt there was not strong support for three conferences

Scheduling of Championship matches is proving difficult - JF agreed that current 'pattern' [blocks in April and September] is not good.

Someone asked if the reluctance of players to sign beyond 2019, because PCA was advising not to, was a concern for the club

Selection of team against India was queried

Offline Suffolk Richard

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 08:26:48 PM »
Believe JF mentioned they are looking at a batsman to replace Siddle for remainder of season and give Quinn a game or two?

Online nat

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 08:34:23 PM »
Believe JF mentioned they are looking at a batsman to replace Siddle for remainder of season and give Quinn a game or two?

Well Coles outbowled Quinn in Durham today.

Offline Postman

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 08:39:26 PM »

Not that anyone would know from the total lack of any announcements.

Offline DT

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 08:42:25 PM »

Have to agree here, don’t want to knock the club after all the superb work in recent years but there’s been little if any updates during the match.  Furthermore there is a live stream and live ball-by-ball scorecard but I certainly haven’t seen any mention of either...

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 08:45:28 PM »

Yes to both points - the batsman could not be named because there was paperwork to do. As posted elsewhere, JF expects him to play next week.

Business plan being drawn up to improve Pavilion and Premier suite within our budget.

Session at one point 'competed' with the announcements from Tony Choat over the ground PA; not great.

Offline smandlej

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 08:51:16 PM »

Can assure you, there was more pre-match on the Essex website than there was on the Durham one.

Lynda and Steve

Offline Postman

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 09:48:15 PM »

Yes to both points - the batsman could not be named because there was paperwork to do. As posted elsewhere, JF expects him to play next week.

Business plan being drawn up to improve Pavilion and Premier suite within our budget.

Session at one point 'competed' with the announcements from Tony Choat over the ground PA; not great.
It also had to compete with a group of ancient Surrey blokes having an obviously very loud and deliberate conversation at the bar.  Talk about behaving like guests....

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 09:58:12 PM »
Yes -  Supporters like those oafs are an embarrassment to any club. I also heard some discussing what they would write to put in  the suggestions box - I must say I thought of a few 'suggestions' for them  ;D

Offline Blocky

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 08:38:07 AM »
Sometimes our welcome for visitors from surrey is misplaced.  I had a couple next to me on Tuesday and they were very full of themselves to the point of suggesting that Cook would be better off playing for them once he'd retired.  At this point they were told in no uncertain terms that they needed to keep their pathetic and barbed thoughts to themselves.
A number of other Essex members then pointed out to them that despite their current lofty position., based mainly around significant bank balances, nobody in Cricket really liked them, especially Cook.
They were quite sheepish after that...

Offline Andy

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2018, 10:16:09 AM »
Sometimes our welcome for visitors from surrey is misplaced.  I had a couple next to me on Tuesday and they were very full of themselves to the point of suggesting that Cook would be better off playing for them once he'd retired.  At this point they were told in no uncertain terms that they needed to keep their pathetic and barbed thoughts to themselves.
A number of other Essex members then pointed out to them that despite their current lofty position., based mainly around significant bank balances, nobody in Cricket really liked them, especially Cook.
They were quite sheepish after that...

Well done.

Speak truth to ignorance.