Author Topic: New venues  (Read 4576 times)

Offline Andy

Re: New venues
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 04:08:22 PM »
Afghanistan vs Netherlands. Nailed on stadium filler!

Lots of Afghans in East London.

Ah, imagining the smell of Shisha's and funny tobacco makes me pine for the mysterious east.  I'm off for a coffee.

Offline nat

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 04:52:49 PM »
Afghanistan vs Netherlands. Nailed on stadium filler!

Lots of Afghans in East London.

Ah, imagining the smell of Shisha's and funny tobacco makes me pine for the mysterious east.  I'm off for a coffee.

In fact there's lots of every nationality in East London ... except British it seems.

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2018, 06:57:27 PM »
Not a very PC statement!! Sadly it's true as I know from living in Ilford!!

Offline Blocky

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2018, 09:28:01 AM »
At last year's AGM or possibly a Forum, the Chief Exec said that the London Stadium idea was "not quite dead but only just breathing" or words to that effect. I suspected at the time that Essex were hanging fire in the hope that the ECB would make it a venue for the new T20 and stump up cash for the conversion costs, so that the club could then use it for the domestic T20. With that possibility gone I think the idea is now well and truly deceased.

Yes, I heard that comment, too. I might...... note the might ...... be prepared to travel to the Olympic Stadium (or whatever it’s called now, or will be in the future) for a Saturday or Sunday afternoon t20, but I wouldn’t go for a Friday, or other weeknight, game.

Saturday/Sunday afternoon at  Lord or The Oval...... less likely.

Mind, I’m not the  target audience; I go and watch cricket already!

I wouldn't go near Stratford on a Friday night in anything other than a small tank.  It is a dump of the highest order.  Whilst Citizen Khan calls 4 lifelong hammers hooligans, he ignores the hundreds of stabbings and acid attacks not caused by football supporters in the borough of Newham.  Not to mention a dozen shootings this year (deaths only, there may be more).
3rd world s***hole of the highest order.

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2018, 10:52:42 AM »

I wouldn't go near Stratford on a Friday night in anything other than a small tank. 

You would need a tank to get past the crash barriers in place at the stadium.

Besides Stratford on a Friday night is no worse than Romford in warzone terms.

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2018, 10:07:31 PM »
I notice that Sorry's Richard Thompson has now followed Andy Nash of Somerset & resigned from ECB over the way things are being handled as Counties are being treated badly, also Gloucs & Somerset appear to be rightly up in arms re Glam & their £2.5m freebie from the ECB which is blatantly unfair anyway, additionally nobody appears to like how Graves is running things - no surprises there.
I am so glad Mr Faragher for Essex voted against the T20 Franchise format, it looks as if he was wise in his thinking & a few other Counties are beginning to realise they have been misled/conned depending on your point of view!