Author Topic: Catch us if you can  (Read 2655 times)

Offline jimmy

Catch us if you can
« on: May 03, 2017, 10:32:51 AM »
For the handful of people interested, do please keep an eye out, ear to the ground and finger on the pulse for any news on the 2's game Vs the Club Cricket Conference. Since early season we've had FIVE dates/venues announced and now we are waiting on a sixth.  Whatever they come up with next I know that there will be people who will find it and go to watch. They cannot shake is off.

Offline jimmy

Re: Catch us if you can
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 08:31:46 PM »
Seven changes and counting now. Still nearly a month to go so still time for more but I promise you cricket bosses there will be spectators wherever you hide it.!

Offline Postman

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 10:00:40 PM »
On a more general point, I try to see what 2nd XI cricket I can, which isn't much, but it's often hard to find out what's going on, involving hunting things down on Twitter and so on, a medium I don't normally frequent being a fully paid up old f**t, and the club could do a lot more to tell people what's happening, Time was when Peter Edwards used to actually announce forthcoming 2nds fixtures over the PA system, before it was clogged up with health and safety announcements, and there was a notice board with recent scorecards at the ECG. Why can't 2nd XI information be regularly displayed somewhere accessible? People are genuinely interested in how the younger players are doing.

Offline smandlej

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 07:08:09 AM »
We are lucky enough to have two consecutive matches next week here in Richmond, Durham Second XI v Essex Second XI.  10 minute walk into town for us, so hoping to see at least some of the play.  Durham are at home to Glamorgan, but we really don't have the heart to go to Chester-le-Street.

Lynda and Steve

Offline Slogger

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 07:44:00 AM »
Mr Edwards also gave out second XI latest scores over the PA, presumably sourced by his Radio Rentals teletext service. Halcyon Days! Completely agree that the club could promote these games more - for example in August we have Coggeshall and Halstead, both of which are a splendid place to be on sunny day.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 08:03:57 AM »
I've also watched u14 and u15 teams - their fictures used to be easy to find.

I even scored a couple of out-county games when they needed someone.

Offline Scoffer

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 06:17:15 AM »
The Club Cricket Conference website is showing the 3 day game against Essex 2nd Xi as being played at Billericay. commencing at 1100 on 10th July.

Maybe worth checking nearer the time. Details here:  http://www.club-cricket.co.uk/conference_fixtures/match_details/2017/283

Offline squarelegumpire

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 03:18:27 PM »
Mr Edwards also gave out second XI latest scores over the PA, presumably sourced by his Radio Rentals teletext service. Halcyon Days! Completely agree that the club could promote these games more - for example in August we have Coggeshall and Halstead, both of which are a splendid place to be on sunny day.

I don’t think there is a Halstead fixture this year, but here in Coggeshall we are looking forward to the week very much indeed. As posted elsewhere, we’ve Lashings on the following Sunday, too.
Off the field there’s a beer festival, a Quiz Night and a Ladies Day. Can be a sight for sore eyes.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 03:38:41 PM »
There is a Halstead fixture - 16 - 18 August.