Author Topic: Membership 2014  (Read 12473 times)

Offline Mog

Re: Membership 2014
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2014, 05:32:36 PM »
On a infrequent foray to the official ECCC website, I notice that one of the news articles states that; "Become a Member & Save Over £500!"
Intrigued as to how I have so far missed such an outstanding opportunity, I clicked the full story.
I've read the piece, carefully, but can find no break down and/or specific examples of how my theoretical £150 membership fee will save me over three times as much. There is, of course, the obvious; entry to all LV CC matches, et al. Oh, and how members can purchase hot drinks for £1! ;)

Now, I have no background or expertise in marketing, but I would have considered an asterisk after the £500 in the headline, linking to a set of parameters explaining just how that amount could possibly be gained back.
I fully recognise the Club in their deeds and (in)action expect people to believe every word of their tightly controlled corporate and Club output, but seriously a break-down of the claimed savings may provide some clarity.

Offline Starfish

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2014, 05:47:43 PM »
Thanks for pointing out, this is an error when it was loaded, we will amend ASAP, thanks

Offline nat

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 07:44:20 PM »
Thanks for pointing out, this is an error when it was loaded, we will amend ASAP, thanks

Ahh another error. Becoming a bit of a habit.

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 09:37:58 PM »
At least Danny, sorry Starfish, acknowledges any perceived errors & does something about them, a rarity at Essex.

Offline nat

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 09:43:11 PM »
At least Danny, sorry Starfish, acknowledges any perceived errors & does something about them, a rarity at Essex.

Yes but there are too many errors...indicative of the organisation I fear. A lack of care and attention. It doesn't take much to proof read a document before sending it out.

cashless

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2014, 08:47:58 AM »

Yes but there are too many errors...indicative of the organisation I fear. A lack of care and attention. It doesn't take much to proof read a document before sending it out.

Someone has to be able to read!

I can only think that the savings are in the voucher book and you need to sell three houses for the solicitors discounts, re-tyre your car four times and spend six months getting your hair done.

Offline Starfish

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2014, 09:20:44 AM »
The saving comes from 8 LV= games! Essex. V Sri Lanka, NatWest T20 Blast discounted discounts, Royal London One Day Cup, England Women game.

Plus 10% exclusive retail discount

FREE yearbook! FREE pin badge, FREE car sticker, direct debit discounts

Not to mention voucher book, exclusive discounts, offers and prize draws.

We are doing all we can to add value

We always want to hear ways we can add more bailey thanks for your time, Danny

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2014, 10:26:59 AM »

I can only think that the savings are in the voucher book and you need to sell three houses for the solicitors discounts, re-tyre your car four times and spend six months getting your hair done.

We've already got a frontrunner for post of the year.

Offline nat

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2014, 10:45:07 AM »

We've already got a frontrunner for post of the year.

Agreed very good. However he did forget to mention the car sticker, pin badge, yearbook...cuddly toy, fondue set...

Offline Perov

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2014, 11:27:31 AM »
Also if a car driver, free parking is also a bonus.
I save £100+ per year by getting the free membership parking. (based on £5 per day).

Offline nat

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2014, 12:56:59 PM »
Also if a car driver, free parking is also a bonus.
I save £100+ per year by getting the free membership parking. (based on £5 per day).

Agreed that inclusive car parking is very worthwhile. How many other counties include car parking in their membership fee?

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2014, 01:13:25 PM »
How many other counties include car parking in their membership fee?

Kent do.

Or at least they did until they paved over the St Lawrence with flats.

Sound familiar?

eastsax

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »

Kent do.

Sound familiar?

Exactly, though the parking next door is being made available,  parking spaces within the ECG are being taken over by the erection of luxury apartments next season? And to be honest, the parking spaces were usually only available for those arriving about an hour earlier than the start of play , or in the case of disabled parking sometimes earlier when Sky takes over most spaces or  - as happened on the first day of the England game - a disabled parking space was reserved for the Mayor of Chelmsford. But there again perhaps what with wearing all that bling (Chains of Office) it must be extremely difficult for an otherwise able-bodied person to walk 50 yards or so.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:32:29 PM by eastsax »

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2014, 06:16:14 PM »
[/quote]

Kent do.

Sound familiar?
[/quote]

Exactly, though the parking next door is being made available,  parking spaces within the ECG are being taken over by the erection of luxury apartments next season? And to be honest, the parking spaces were usually only available for those arriving about an hour earlier than the start of play , or in the case of disabled parking sometimes earlier when Sky takes over most spaces or  - as happened on the first day of the England game - a disabled parking space was reserved for the Mayor of Chelmsford. But there again perhaps what with wearing all that bling (Chains of Office) it must be extremely difficult for an otherwise able-bodied person to walk 50 yards or so.
[/quote]
Kent don't at Tunbridge Wells, they charged £5 for the privilege of parking in an unsupervised field when I went down there to watch us the other year.

Offline Perov

« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2014, 07:33:32 PM »
Kent don't at Tunbridge Wells, they charged £5 for the privilege of parking in an unsupervised field when I went down there to watch us the other year.
[/quote]

Shussh!
Don't let the Essex Committee know - it will give them ideas!