Author Topic: Members charged for Parking.  (Read 8324 times)

Offline vim

Re: Members charged for Parking.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 07:21:15 PM »
One day someone will do the sums and work out that the loss on the Colchester festival is more than the money from cancelled memberships of disgruntled members if the festival was scrapped.

Offline nat

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 07:24:24 PM »
One day someone will do the sums and work out that the loss on the Colchester festival is more than the money from cancelled memberships of disgruntled members if the festival was scrapped.

Er, ... run that past me again.

eastsax

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 07:25:31 PM »
Not that I've never been in a minority of one, nor even missed the cricket aesthetic on occasions  - but your stance probably takes the biscuit on all counts.

The first quote was Sloggers - not mine.

Why should i want Essex to play at Colchester? I live in Southend and much prefer they play at Chelmsford as better, cheaper and nearer etc for me. Your from Colchester and you have vested interest and was involved in the Anti-Garons scandel on the official forum

Not liking Garons Park is not the issue , parking at the Castle Park is. I happen to know of people from Southend who also value the Colchester Festival and have no problem travelling the 40 miles, or so, for the privilege. A fiver for parking at our idyllic venue seems very little considering the,e.g. £15 paid at Canterbury.

But of course no-one is forcing you to attend  in any case. :)

Offline stickyboy

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 07:25:37 PM »
Er, ... run that past me again.
Its simple, use your brain

eastsax

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 07:35:02 PM »
Two complete.y irrelevant and off topic posts have been removed.

Offline Mick

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 07:54:12 PM »

Couldn't you have moved them somewhere else. I don't like to see posts deleted especially in an argument where the moderator has strong feelings.

Anyway, back on subject, if the Club is actually going to incur significant extra costs due the exceptionally high numbers expected to attend the T20 thing, it is not unreasonable that they should seek to recoup said costs from those attending the T20. This they are doing and they are not applying a charge for members to park on the other days. Can't see the problem myself.

eastsax

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 08:04:26 PM »

Couldn't you have moved them somewhere else.

No. Because the comments had nothing to do with cricket.

BlueEagles

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 08:41:54 PM »
afternoon,

we introduced this small charge just for the T20 at Colchester. We have been imposed with a high charge for car park / traffic management. We all need and want to make the Colchester Festival financially viable. We have kept the free parking (first come, first served) for the LV= game.

With limited parking we are urging Members and public to make use of public transport. We are striving to add value to Membership in all ways possible, the small charge has been made to to help find the balance between that and making the festival more viable

thanks, Danny

Danny,

Please explain why loyal members are being charged the same amount as non members, for parking at the T20 game against Kent?

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »
involved in the Anti-Garons scandel on the official forum

What scandal was that?

Apart from Barren Park being a scandal in & of itself of course.

Offline Starfish

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »
afternoon,

we introduced this small charge just for the T20 at Colchester. We have been imposed with a high charge for car park / traffic management. We all need and want to make the Colchester Festival financially viable. We have kept the free parking (first come, first served) for the LV= game.

With limited parking we are urging Members and public to make use of public transport. We are striving to add value to Membership in all ways possible, the small charge has been made to to help find the balance between that and making the festival more viable

thanks, Danny

Danny,

Please explain why loyal members are being charged the same amount as non members, for parking at the T20 game against Kent?

Morning, thanks for comment, the reality is we expect the vast majority of people parking will be Members. The £5 flat fee removes the need (in most cases) for change to be given, reducing queues etc. thanks

Offline Slogger

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 06:35:29 PM »
I'm a huge fan of the Colchester festival (usually the best week of the year) but really have no interest in the T20 game - my point was it's an additional cost when compared to other venues such as Lords and The Oval. I do think that charging for members is an erosion of the membership package though and needs to be watched. Will parking charges be the norm after Chelmsford is re-developed? That won't be a huge deal for me because I usually travel by train but it would mean that I would think twice about popping up to Chelmsford for a few hours on  a weekend afternoon, which is how my lad sees most of his cricket after he's played in the morning.

As far as I'm concerned the festival is pretty sub - optimal this year because it's played outside the school summer holidays. That impacts on both me and my lad getting there - we usually go for at least 4 of the 5 days. This year we can manage Sunday after lunch and I can manage a day's holiday on Monday to go too.

Offline Postman

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 07:54:18 PM »
"Will parking charges be the norm after Chelmsford is re-developed?"

Yes, unless Meteor Way is still available, and you'll pay Chelmsford Council rather than ECC. There will clearly be next to no parking in the redeveloped ground once the New Writtle St carpark is built on. . And just to get everyone ready for this, it's clear that the club's policy is to discourage people from parking there at present-the steward told me last week that he has no idea how many spaces will be available each day until he gets to work in the morning, nobody tells him how many assorted bigwigs and freeloaders are expected even though this must be known in advance.

I'm still unable to understand why the Council can't do a long term deal on Meteor Way, ie say a 10 year lease for a specific number of days each year. The Park and Ride is ok when it operates but that doesn't help on Sundays.

Offline squarelegumpire

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 06:02:52 AM »
I thought there was going to be a car park as part of the development. Or is that one of those features that changes over time?

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 08:17:24 AM »
Or is that one of those features that changes over time?

I wonder how many fag packets the club have drawn up plans on?

Must be at least the equivalent of 200 B+H ;)

BlueEagles

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2014, 07:11:42 PM »
afternoon,

thanks, Danny

Danny,

Morning, thanks for comment, the reality is we expect the vast majority of people parking will be Members. The £5 flat fee removes the need (in most cases) for change to be given, reducing queues etc. thanks

Danny,

To clarify, the issue is not the £5 fee, it's the fact that us loyal members are being charged exactly the same amount as the casual Essex supporter or those from Kent, who have the temerity to charge us £15 when we visit Canterbury. Why not charge non members £10?