Author Topic: Members ballot  (Read 16432 times)

Offline mawallace

• Global Moderator
Members ballot
« on: April 09, 2021, 08:03:08 PM »
Had an email inviting me to put into the member's ballot. I was surprised that I was only able to enter for a restricted number of County matches. not even a full match!

anyone else had the same thing.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
Re: Members ballot
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 08:52:48 PM »
Yes I had that - I just opted for every red ball day.

Very restricted areas of the ground as well.

Offline vim

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 06:09:10 AM »
I did not get an e mail as I have not renewed my membership. Hearing what is on offer I am very happy that I have not been ripped off again.

Offline Perov

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 06:28:11 AM »
I know there has to be strict measures in place but the Code of Conduct makes for depressing reading.
In an outdoor environment, with social distancing, I could not wear a mask for 7 hours or more, watching cricket.
If that is a requirement I will not bother.

Offline vim

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 06:35:51 AM »
You heard it here first. I said a couple of months ago that the terms and conditions would not make for a good experience.

It will only take a new CEO who thinks that ground developments and open grounds and season tickets is the way forward and I will have watched my last Essex CCC Cricket live.

Offline vim

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 07:26:10 AM »
I have just checked the membership page and the twitter account. There is no mention of ballots and code of conduct. Pay for membership and get a nasty surprise.

Offline Perov

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 07:58:59 AM »
The code of conduct was included in the membership email.
You will be told:
What time to arrive
Which entrance to attend.
Advised to not bring a bag.
Where to sit.
Wear a mask except when eating.
No shouting or singing
No face to face communication with other supporters.
Do not leave your seat except for toilet breaks
Do not ask for autographs or selfies
No cash payments
Do as instructed by stewards.

Enjoy your day!

Offline vim

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 08:25:57 AM »
Why are you asked not to bring a bag? That restriction is for concerns about weapons and things that might cause annoyance such as musical instruments.

No cash. The transmission of covid via cash is almost non existent.

Almost everwhere else gave up on the walk around in one direction and keep apart rules months ago.

So they knew a number of people who got it. You just had to look at them to see why.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 08:46:13 AM »
Perov  Thank you for listing the "rules" for attending. Whilst understanding the need for caution these are precisely the conditions that make attending cricket this season impossible for me. I attend Championship cricket on the understanding I can bring my own food and drink and sit, within reason, wherever I like. Sadly these conditions sound like a thoroughly unpleasant experience to me.

Offline nat

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 09:13:16 AM »
anyone would think thy don't want members or spectators. The chairman is an increasing disappointment.

Offline vim

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 09:29:15 AM »
At a members forum years ago David East hinted that the security restrictions were there as Essex CCC adopted the belt braces and cycle clips position in case anything happened.

I can see that mentality still exists.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 09:56:36 AM »
The ballot and rules are for stage 3 only NOT the whole season. I will be bringing food and drink - surely safer thn queuing to buy?

Stage Three guidelines permit limited crowds in attendance and you are invited to enter a Members' ticket ballot for LV= Insurance County Championship and Vitality Blast fixtures taking place between 17 May - 21 June.

Stage Four guidelines are set to be rolled out from 21 June (subject to no Government changes) will full crowds returning to the ground for the remainder of the campaign.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 10:27:04 AM by essexfan548 »

Offline Slogger

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2021, 10:18:00 AM »
Yes - just done my ballot for me and three new life members. I can live with this for hopefully just a couple of matches. Clearly the issue about bags, which I will be bringing, is the bottleneck it will cause and the safety of the people doing a search. Bring a transparent one if you can!

Offline Shenfield Eagle

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2021, 10:32:39 AM »
Non cash payments are becoming the norm at sporting events. The Oval has been cashless for a number years. A number of local football and golf clubs have also adopted this policy.

It's going to be the new norm going forward.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2021, 11:37:08 AM »
Non cash payments are becoming the norm at sporting events. The Oval has been cashless for a number years. A number of local football and golf clubs have also adopted this policy.

It's going to be the new norm going forward.

One of the big issues is the hassle of having to pay cash into the bank. With contactless it's straight into the account. With cash someone has to count it and physically pay it in. Banks are increasingly reluctant to handle large amounts of cash, as my wife is finding. She works at a church who currently take a cash collection. They bank with one of the big four, who have told them they won't be taking cash at all at the local branch and very limited amounts at the branch in the next town. This all drives towards donation contactlessly or by direct debit but older people are getting left behind. CV19 has clearly accelerated all of this, but it was happening anyway.