Author Topic: Membership pack 2018  (Read 6268 times)

Offline vim

Re: Membership pack 2018
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 11:07:47 AM »
My membership pack has just arrived. Including the two ballot papers for the committee and the AGM.

Reading the election literature. One of the candidates was involved a lot with Health and Safety before they retired. This is someone who had a reputation for blocking passegeways in the County ground with their stuff.

Offline Andy

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »
I believe the election has been organised by a Mr Putin of Benfleet.

How did you get this information, Comrade? 

Offline Daren Mootoo

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 03:44:39 PM »
The results of the committee elections were announced at last night's AGM.Was anyone there to let us know who was voted on/off please?

Offline vim

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »
I received an e mail with the results.

Messrs Butler, Hilliard and Patterson were elected.

The number of votes cast were not given apart from stating that there were a total of 786 votes cast.

The amendment to the constitution was also voted on and passed by around 90%

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 09:32:54 PM »
It's disappointing that they haven't announced the actual voting numbers considering some members did not get ballot papers.

Offline pablo

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 09:46:40 PM »
All I can say is that Mr Hilliard's track record warranted his re election. I can well believe people voted for him in droves !

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 07:05:45 AM »
To paraphrase Mr Hilliard voting is overrated.

Offline Daren Mootoo

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 08:18:27 AM »
So, the existing committee members re-elected? No new faces and a shocking lack of diversity; would have been great to see Kate Walters getting onboard.

Offline nat

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 08:39:18 AM »
So, the existing committee members re-elected? No new faces and a shocking lack of diversity; would have been great to see Kate Walters getting onboard.

Why? Just because she is female rather than the best person for the job? PC.

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 09:51:46 AM »

Why? Just because she is female rather than the best person for the job? PC.

A pot plant could do as good a job as Hilliard.

Probably better.

Offline squarelegumpire

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 03:24:26 PM »
Sad to see that the Executive have returned to their undemocrati habit of not announcing the actual results. I couldn’t go to the AGM; attanding a funeral in N Cambridgeshire other wise I’d have had another go about it and recieved, no doubt, more abuse from the Chairman.

And I don’t often agree with mr V Park, but I fail to see why anyone voted for Hilliard, given his track record.

I would like to know, too, what the state of play is regarding the development.

Offline Postman

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 06:12:33 PM »
Sad to see that the Executive have returned to their undemocrati habit of not announcing the actual results. I couldn’t go to the AGM; attanding a funeral in N Cambridgeshire other wise I’d have had another go about it and recieved, no doubt, more abuse from the Chairman.

And I don’t often agree with mr V Park, but I fail to see why anyone voted for Hilliard, given his track record.

I would like to know, too, what the state of play is regarding the development.

Re your last query so would we all, but we were told that discussions are ongoing and to expect an announcement shortly. No doubt commercial confidentiality prevented anything else being said, but I did hope we would hear that this enormous waste of time and money was being euthanased at last. Seems, however, that the developers have offered some kind of further deal under pressure as the deadline (30 April I think) approaches.

Offline squarelegumpire

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »
I’m hoping to be able to ride my unicorn to the ground and stable it in the multi-story there before I die!

Offline Andy

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 07:38:13 PM »
Re your last query so would we all, but we were told that discussions are ongoing and to expect an announcement shortly. No doubt commercial confidentiality prevented anything else being said, but I did hope we would hear that this enormous waste of time and money was being euthanased at last. Seems, however, that the developers have offered some kind of further deal under pressure as the deadline (30 April I think) approaches.

Wasn't it all basically PR puff to persuade the ECB that we were aligned with their daft, unsustainable, policies to ensure 'sustainability' in the county game???

Offline nat

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 08:48:19 PM »

Wasn't it all basically PR puff to persuade the ECB that we were aligned with their daft, unsustainable, policies to ensure 'sustainability' in the county game???

No the ground *does* need updating. However the development plan was, in the view of many members, too generous to the developers and not to the advantage to the club.