Author Topic: Alex Hales  (Read 13145 times)

Offline DT

Re: Alex Hales
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »
DT, was it really laughable, my post on 02/01.16.  I did say that  "time will tel if he succeeds" Methinks you were itching to get back at me for pointing out to you an error in a previous post. i hope that you are not trying to be a substitute for a poster from the past.  I think you favour Nick Browne, being biased , i do too, but remember, we are playing in div.2 , against  so called weaker bowling.

Very odd post...

To elaborate on your initial post :

A good foil for Cook ?  In theory perhaps but in practice he's not staying in long enough

Seems to be leaving a lot - his dismissals in the series show this clearly is not the case

So as I said, laughable  ;)

constable.p@gmail.com

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 03:26:57 PM »
how rude, end of the matter, dear Sir

Offline DT

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »

Apologies if you see it that way.

Anyway, another failure today means Cookie will have yet another new opening partner come our summer...

Offline nat

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 04:25:23 PM »

Apologies if you see it that way.

Anyway, another failure today means Cookie will have yet another new opening partner come our summer...

Cook isn't looking too bomb proof either.

Offline Daren Mootoo

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 04:48:56 PM »
Cooky less than 40 runs short of being the first Englishman to reach 10,000 test runs.

Offline Postman

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2016, 09:48:43 PM »
Could Nick Browne really do a lot worse than the depressing series of those who have tried to open with Cook?

constable.p@gmail.com

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2016, 11:11:31 AM »
well Cook hasn't  exactly had a great time batting on this tour, but lets all be biased to the the hilt and get behind Browne for England

Offline DT

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2016, 01:08:34 PM »
well Cook hasn't  exactly had a great time batting on this tour, but lets all be biased to the the hilt and get behind Browne for England

If Vaughany is singing Browne's praises then why can't others?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:15:57 PM by DT »

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2016, 01:14:06 PM »

I'd prefer another season with Essex to help us gain promotion - has he really played enough to be a regular England choice?

He is clearly a very good prospect but we need First Division cricket to keep our good young players.

Offline Andy

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2016, 06:08:48 PM »

If Vaughany is singing Browne's praises then why can't others?

Indeed, although Vaughan is your typical ex-player-turned-media-'analysist' i.e. a t#@~pot.

constable.p@gmail.com

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2016, 08:08:21 PM »
i think all those ex/current players on Sky are first rate, including the now not so tubby one from Kent,  i realise  Vaughan is on the radio. You say Vaughan has spoken about Browne,  I personally did not see his comments, if you would be so kind, perhaps you can enlighten me as to what he said.  I must say, i didn't think he would follow a division 2 player, being in may eyes of inferior quality.

Offline Andy

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2016, 11:59:43 AM »
i think all those ex/current players on Sky are first rate, including the now not so tubby one from Kent

From this dubious comment I'm a little concerned. Why are you so 'happy' and where can I get some of it from???   ;)

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2016, 12:04:29 PM »
including the now not so tubby one from Kent

He'll always have a fat head.

Literally & figuratively.

Offline nat

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2016, 12:14:16 PM »
i think all those ex/current players on Sky are first rate, including the now not so tubby one from Kent,  i realise  Vaughan is on the radio. You say Vaughan has spoken about Browne,  I personally did not see his comments, if you would be so kind, perhaps you can enlighten me as to what he said.  I must say, i didn't think he would follow a division 2 player, being in may eyes of inferior quality.

Probably found out that Browne has a Yorkie relative.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2016, 06:41:06 PM »
Michael Vaughan was born in Lancashire , so perhaps a move to his native red rose .