Author Topic: Middlesex  (Read 8547 times)

Offline ytsejam1

Re: Middlesex
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2020, 10:11:47 PM »
Apologies then for suggesting that. You do have a point about the Chelmsford wicket but I still say that it’s our bowlers rather than the batsmen that are winning us match after match.

Offline ytsejam1

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2020, 10:32:53 AM »
Those pesky Derbyshire lads are now up to a 100 run partnership for the 8th wicket!!....The ridiculous 249 -3 and playing for lunch is going to haunt us and cost big time.
I know its only a tinpot competition but it would have been nice to have got another trophy this season as a great parting gift for Tendo .

Offline nat

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2020, 10:35:42 AM »
Those pesky Derbyshire lads are now up to a 100 run partnership for the 8th wicket!!....The ridiculous 249 -3 and playing for lunch is going to haunt us and cost big time.
I know its only a tinpot competition but it would have been nice to have got another trophy this season as a great parting gift for Tendo .
Pessimist.

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2020, 10:59:27 AM »
For anyone who likes a value bet, Derbyshire are still 13/8 to win that game. Considering Lancs with nothing to play for could easily collapse in the second innings, or agree to set Derbyshire a generous final day chase, that’s great odds.

Offline ytsejam1

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2020, 11:38:50 AM »
Pessimist.

LOL.....bloody close thing though, wasn't it!!! Who'd have thought we would have been so grateful to Lancashire!!.
Lords awaits......

Offline Slogger

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2020, 11:46:00 AM »
Job dome on Middlesex then. So what are the permutations? Are we at Lord's or can we still be pipped?

Offline ytsejam1

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2020, 11:46:43 AM »
Job dome on Middlesex then. So what are the permutations? Are we at Lord's or can we still be pipped?

We are at Lords.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2020, 11:57:42 AM »

We are at Lords.

Thanks - and the BBC are saying that too. It's the 4 wins that clinches it I think. Now all we want is for DCMS to make the Lord's final a test event - although with CV19 infections on the rise I'm not holding my breath! Well done the team. And Arundel didn't come back to haunt us it would seem!

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2020, 01:18:15 PM »
I'm listening to the Somerset game and the Worcs commentator has said that another rule might come into play. The game that was stopped because of COVID might b ruled as void then some rule about run rate comes into play. If this is correct it would be crazy because neither Gloucs or Northants had any chance of qualifying.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2020, 02:23:54 PM »
Sounds like the Worcester commentator flying a kite - mind you I wouldn't put it past the ECB to do something along those lines! It's looking like a reprise of Taunton last year? I guess we'd have one advantage. No one else in the competition has played as many 5 days games as our opener.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2020, 02:27:37 PM »
He said it's down to the technical committee and I have searched for the regulations mentioning this scenario - nothing found as yet.

Offline Postman

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2020, 02:32:14 PM »
Yes well done all. I though Aron Beard bowled excellently yesterday afternoon and his spell turned the game. Shows we aren't wholly Harmer-dependent. If spectators aren't allowed in at Lord's let's hope that a certain D Topley is placed in a personal lockdown and we don't have to endure his endless droning on the live stream.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2020, 02:33:40 PM »
Another win for not enough runs , wickets , last years County Champions. Job done, kept our powder dry by not selecting the seamers in white ball .

Silly question , has anyone seen the Bob Willis Trophy ? Or perhaps Pickles will wander through the  Lord's Gates one afternoon, if he can get pass the gateman, in the Autumn sunshine with, what's this ....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 02:42:39 PM by bwildered »

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2020, 02:43:25 PM »
Yes well done all. I though Aron Beard bowled excellently yesterday afternoon and his spell turned the game. Shows we aren't wholly Harmer-dependent. If spectators aren't allowed in at Lord's let's hope that a certain D Topley is placed in a personal lockdown and we don't have to endure his endless droning on the live stream.

Id expect it to maybe be on sky/

Offline nat

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2020, 03:02:54 PM »

Id expect it to maybe be on sky/
It will be.