Author Topic: Match Abandoned  (Read 1624 times)

Offline LeedsExile

Match Abandoned
« on: September 06, 2020, 02:26:57 PM »
The Gloucester v Northants match has reportedly been abandoned as a Northants player not playing in this match has tested positive for Covid. The ramifications for this are unclear. If all players have to isolate how does that affect upcoming 20/20 matches? Also what about teams they have just played?
This information was reported on Sports Extra commentary today.

Offline vim

Re: Match Abandoned
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 02:56:45 PM »
It just shows with the people at the ECB/Counties, put them under any sort of pressure and out come the brown trousers.

No doubt the people who get off on bag searches are having the time of life with the restrictions.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 03:10:54 PM by vim »

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 05:29:26 PM »
Surely they could have tested all the players there & then 9not sure how long to get results though) rather than 'panic' & abandon the maych immediately. Good job neither team can qualify for the final.

Offline Slogger

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 05:40:39 PM »
My test took six days to come through. That's one of the problems, the lag in time between testing and results. Rugby league is having all sorts of issues with CV19 at present. Cricket has done well so far.

Offline vim

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 05:48:12 PM »
Before the news filtered out, the score on line stuck at 66-6. There was a game at Chelmsford where there was a power cut in the area for a couple of hours. The game continued with the score being kept manually. However the on line information and Ceefax stuck. You did not know what had happened, bad weather, player injury, sink hole opened up, it could had been anything.

Offline Andy

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 06:28:02 PM »
This new spit test should address this issue? 

I'd like to acknowledge that this was the last match Jeremy Lloyds was umpiring at first class level. He was interviewed after the match was abandoned. A very interesting interview and I like how he name checked Hildreth as a fellow journeyman pro.

Offline nat

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 07:42:06 PM »

I'd like to acknowledge that this was the last match Jeremy Lloyds was umpiring at first class level. He was interviewed after the match was abandoned. A very interesting interview and I like how he name checked Hildreth as a fellow journeyman pro.
Yes JL is an interesting character.

Offline Andy

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 08:05:04 PM »

Come on Nat, and don't leave it hanging

Offline nat

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2020, 08:18:44 PM »

Come on Nat, and don't leave it hanging
I'll keep it for my forthcoming cricket-related book...
Just A Load Of Balls

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2020, 10:50:02 PM »

I'll keep it for my forthcoming cricket-related book...
Just A Load Of Balls

Your posts on here aren't that bad  ;D

Offline Pembury47

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 06:22:31 AM »
Yes, a very good interview - see the GlosTV video section on the official Gloucestershire website