Author Topic: Quarter Final  (Read 7016 times)

Offline nat

Re: Quarter Final
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 07:49:58 PM »
I know we were fortunate to qualify for the Q/F but that is no excuse for the Lanky love-fest by those Sky morons Charles Dagnall and Dominic Cork.
I would expect more partisanship from current Lancashire player Graham Onions, but he seems quite neutral in comparison. Sound turned off now.
Agree it is terrible. We also know that Nick Knight dislikes Essex for well known reasons.

Offline nat

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 08:33:55 PM »
Wheater is really an idiot.  Definitely need a new/better keeper-batsman

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 09:16:08 PM »
Not enough runs, wickets Essex through to the semis .

Offline kaf

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 09:17:33 PM »
 Congratulations - great result. Well played Ravi and Tendo.

Offline nat

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 09:18:04 PM »
Not enough runs, wickets Essex through to the semis .
Hey?

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 09:28:41 PM »
Wow again just like last Friday, Congratulations to Essex on a fine result & also upsetting the Sky commentators who very clearly didn't want us to win - whatever happened to neutrality? Onions, to be fair, was fair & didn't go over the top. I reckon we will still be rank outsiders on Finals Day but so what! We have now gone 2 stages further than I thought we would, I wish I could go but my money has already been spent on accomodation for 4 days at Taunton the week after, what a final week of the season this could turn out to be!!
A decent bowling performance & I thought we might struggle a bit especially with early wickets going & Delport holing out when he didn't need to , he did ensure we kept up with the DLS rate though, when Lawrence was out to another unnecessary skier I did wonder if we might blow it but Ravi & Tendo batted superbly to see us home, poor decision from Lancs to give Livingstone over no 19 when Mahmood should have bowled it.
Such a shame seeing such a poor crowd but blame the ECB for poor fixture planning, credit to the diehard fans who went & can only guess what the atmosphere is like in our Pavilion tonight.
COYE.

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 09:31:28 PM »
The worst bowling decision I’ve seen in a long time that. Cheers Lancs! Superb from Tendo and Rav. For anyone wondering, a couple of tickets are available on the official site. Just picked one up for £100 bang on.

If we can get Amir back and avoid Middlesex until the final,, then we have a proper chance. Momentum is with us.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 09:36:10 PM »
Another amazing match - well done Essex!

How did Lancs throw that away ....

Offline Slogger

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2019, 10:06:51 PM »
Well done the team. Bopara very good at the end. Just spoke to my mate who was there and he and the small band of Essex fans are ecstatic.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2019, 05:10:16 AM »
Congrats , the Eagles are soaring.
Great team performance, Sky commentators in convicing themselves the Lightning had enough runs, umpires for keeping the game progressing and the captain afterwards keeping a straight face during interview when the 19th over was mentioned.
The experience of RTD and Ravi was invaluable at the end.

Offline smandlej

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2019, 07:34:29 AM »
We thought we'd done well to get this far, so if Essex lost we'd just be pleased about getting to the quarter finals.  Was worth the week pass to Sky (thought we'd better cover our options in case they had to use the fall-back day) and we listened to Dick Davies and Paul Newton on BBC Essex rather than the Sky commentators - and glad we did, from what other posters have said.

Any chance we might get the afternoon slot on finals day?

Lynda and Steve

Offline neil

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2019, 08:07:44 AM »
Well done the team! Lord know what the thinking was bowling Livingstone in the 19th over. They knew that we would go for it then and they ended up with Mahmood only bowling two overs. Not our problem, though

A lot to be said for a settled line up and real team spirit

Like others I thought we'd lost any chance of making the quarters so this is a real bonus.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:33:36 AM by neil »

Offline Slogger

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2019, 08:21:27 AM »
I assume Delport won't be available for the finals day given his CPL commitments? And I guess Amir won't be available either? I know it's a hard ask but we really could do with an overseas who could play in the championship run in and this! Or are we going with what we've got in both competitions?

Offline neil

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2019, 08:27:23 AM »
I assume Delport won't be available for the finals day given his CPL commitments? And I guess Amir won't be available either? I know it's a hard ask but we really could do with an overseas who could play in the championship run in and this! Or are we going with what we've got in both competitions?

I don't know whether it is true or not but I've seen a suggestion that you can't bring a new overseas player in just for finals day. They have to have played in the qualifying stages. Maybe brought in because of Bravo.

Someone will be along who knows the rules better than I do, anyway!

Offline JasonP

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2019, 09:52:52 AM »

Delport is available.  I would think Zampa and Amir probably wouldn't be.

https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2018/12/19/cameron-delport-joins-the-eagles-for-vitality-blast-campaigns/

The 29-year-old will join the Eagles for a two-year stint from 1 July and will be available for Finals Day at Edgbaston on 21 September, should Essex advance that far into the competition