Author Topic: AGM  (Read 7360 times)

Offline pablo

AGM
« on: April 10, 2022, 02:02:48 PM »
There seems to be an odd silence about when the AGM will be and why legally it hasn't been held already. Anybody any ideas/insights? What is John Faragher's status within the club? Is he still on the committee or not? I know he resigned or was forced to resign as Chairman but surely only the members can can deselect those whom they have voted for. Why are people who have not been elected by the members holding senior positions on the committee - and by that I don't mean ex officio members from the playing and coaching staff.

Offline nat

Re: AGM
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 02:27:12 PM »
all good questions. Suggest you ask the CEO.

Offline vim

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 05:00:16 PM »
Any AGM will have to await the publication of the report into the alleged John Farragher incident on the 20th.

I got to hear a lot over three days. All I can say is watch this space.

Offline mawallace

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 06:03:41 PM »
Rule 10.6 says "The Committee shall not less than once a year appoint from among its number a Chairman and Deputy-Chairman and Treasurer."

Rule 13.1 says "The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held not later than 31st May in every year" - so we have time before we have to have one.  they only have to give 14 days notice - so they can wait until middle May before calling one.

Offline Andy

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2022, 07:44:42 PM »
Any AGM will have to await the publication of the report into the alleged John Farragher incident on the 20th.

I got to hear a lot over three days. All I can say is watch this space.

It’s not going to drag on or drag the club down?

Offline vim

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2022, 07:55:36 PM »
From what I heard the Cat will be well out of the bag.

Hopefully everyone can now move on, although some people may find themselves going in a direction they did not wish to go.

Some of what it appears had transpired sounded very childish to me.

Offline nat

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2022, 09:03:53 PM »
From what I heard the Cat will be well out of the bag.

Hopefully everyone can now move on, although some people may find themselves going in a direction they did not wish to go.

Some of what it appears had transpired sounded very childish to me.

You should change your forum name to The Riddler.

Offline vim

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2022, 10:39:45 AM »
There was a member who used to speak in Riddles. It was many years ago when the eccentrics were found in the seats in front of the Pavilion. Another one from that same era was Nails. A few long standing members might remember him.

Offline pablo

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 04:53:21 PM »
Members forum to be attended by Simon Cooper. Who is he and who elected him? Judging by today's performance we have succeeded in jettisoning our best Chairman in years, our best overseas player ( excluding Harmer here) in Siddle and have the worst captain ( at least since Foster) and it can only go further down hill from here. Performance plus some sense of democracy and accountability done away with in the blink of an eye.

Offline kingstonj1

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 04:59:48 PM »
Welcome to the Stephenson regime...

At least we won't offend anyone...apart from the loyal supporters

Offline nat

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 05:11:57 PM »
Welcome to the Stephenson regime...

ECB stooge.

Offline Andy

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2022, 10:36:44 AM »
Members forum to be attended by Simon Cooper. Who is he and who elected him? Judging by today's performance we have succeeded in jettisoning our best Chairman in years, our best overseas player ( excluding Harmer here) in Siddle and have the worst captain ( at least since Foster) and it can only go further down hill from here. Performance plus some sense of democracy and accountability done away with in the blink of an eye.

Welcome back to Essex 2015 style. At least being in Division one we could win it…

Offline vim

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2022, 06:13:38 AM »
I thought that the positions on the General Committee and a few others were elected positions. Has there been a meeting to change the constitution whilst I was away trying to break even after being ripped off with my 2020 membership fee?

Offline vim

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2022, 06:37:56 PM »
I have just received an e mail advising that the club will be looking for almost all a new board. Applications are invited from under represented groups.

They can stand and no doubt members will find other candidates to vote for. When they get a Lt Cdr Boakes number of votes, perhaps the message from the membership will get through.

Offline nat

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2022, 06:43:13 PM »
I have just received an e mail advising that the club will be looking for almost all a new board. Applications are invited from under represented groups.

They can stand and no doubt members will find other candidates to vote for. When they get a Lt Cdr Boakes number of votes, perhaps the message from the membership will get through.
eh?