Author Topic: Who remembers KP?  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Andy

Who remembers KP?
« on: May 25, 2015, 05:19:52 PM »
Great result, better captaincy and  batting from Chef, let's hope the likes of Stokes make us forget Piers Morgan's friend.

Offline jimmy

Re: Who remembers KP?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:34:56 PM »
Great result, better captaincy and  batting from Chef, let's hope the likes of Stokes make us forget Piers Morgan's friend.
If Colin Graves hadn't spouted off then K.P would have never played for Surrey at all this year and would no doubt have had another unspectacular ipl, he became increasingly irrelevant last summer when England beat India and he did nothing in T20, it was only England's poor winter and Graves naive comments that brought him back into the headlines. Kevin and his charming chum Piers thrive on publicity, ignore him and he will go away.

tonk

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:55:54 AM »
K who

Offline sufcessex

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 10:10:44 AM »
i don't have twitter but understand Piers has been very vocal about KP and not very complementary about Cook and the England team in general.  Does anyone know what he was tweeting during and after the game yesterday?

Offline squarelegumpire

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 10:15:05 AM »
No, but I wonder if it was phone hacking, or something else he knows nothing about. I don’t know why he gets the attention he does!

Offline Andy

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 11:46:20 AM »
i don't have twitter but understand Piers has been very vocal about KP and not very complementary about Cook and the England team in general.  Does anyone know what he was tweeting during and after the game yesterday?
Don't know - but KP was very excited, apparently, at the result.  He didn't use the 'saying something nice behind clenched teeth' emoji.

Offline Crisp

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 02:30:52 PM »
This KP issue will not go away until we have beaten the Aussies this Summer.

At present we have performed very well and apart from Lyth who has another opportunity, then no other of the batsman are under any pressure, nor is AC whose captaincy found another level yesterday. 

So the media will be quiet until we lose again.

Personally I would rather give someone like James Vince a go rather than revert to a 34 year old, although if we could guarantee his behaviour then I would consider him for 1 day cricket as some of his chat as a pundit on the IPL was spot on.

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 08:19:55 PM »
Brian Moore (former England hooker) on Talksport got it right this morning when he said that the decision re The Ego has now been made so forget him & begin a new era, sensible words from him (for once). That must have been a great Test to play in, certainly exciting to watch over 5 days (not 4 as Mr Graves has previously advocated wanting!!), some great performances from both sides & so pleased to see Ally getting some praise plus a lot of runs to shut up his critics ( keep it up & even Piers Morgan won't have any ammunition to fire - and what does he know about Cricket anyway?).

Offline Andy

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 12:16:09 PM »
I would have Moore sort out KP/PM in the finest traditions of a rugby hooker.

Anyone think Graves is already turning into the Ray Illingworth 'supremo' (i.e. all the power none of the responsiblity) of the 21st century?

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »
Off at a bit of a tangent but Graves/Bayliss have to also resolve the Morgan issue ie How the hell can he be England's 1 day Capt but be allowed to basically do what he likes ie line his pockets at the IPL & not seem to be bothered about Captaining England especially in Ireland his home country. Morgan doesn't exactly show loyalty to England & in my view doesn't deserve to be Captain (crap record anyway).

Offline Andy

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 05:30:09 PM »
Morgan is/was only a stand-in. Hence the ECB would permit him to 'line his pockets'. Let's face it, they've got themselves into a pickle over the captaincy, so OM is (in effect) helping them out until they get Root/Taylor/Anon in from the next generation.