Author Topic: 4th Test  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Andy

4th Test
« on: August 30, 2018, 12:54:37 PM »
Am I wrong in enjoying the unfolding shambles that is this series? Clearly wrong captain, poor selection, management and coaching. Maybe something will be done about the off and on field issues.

Offline Daren Mootoo

Re: 4th Test
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 01:01:01 PM »
Am I wrong in enjoying the unfolding shambles that is this series? Clearly wrong captain, poor selection, management and coaching. Maybe something will be done about the off and on field issues.

Thought you were talking about another top class cricket team just then!

Offline Andy

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 01:37:04 PM »

Thought you were talking about another top class cricket team just then!

Well, I could be talking about India after the first two tests, but we know that the problems facing England at the start of the Series (indeed the year) haven't been addressed - or rather, addressed very poorly.  It gives the impression of crass favouritism and senior players thinking they can rule the roost. 

Whilst I was no fan of KP I suspect some of what he said back then was true and it would appear that the likes of Stokes have big issues as well themselves.  Furthermore, they can't blame KP any longer.

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 06:02:20 PM »
Wonder if Silverwood wishes he'd stayed at Essex?

Offline Andy

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 06:07:06 PM »
Wonder if Silverwood wishes he'd stayed at Essex?

Serves him right.   ;)

Although we might see him making another 'step up' from bowling coach to head coach if things don't improve this match.

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 06:39:39 PM »
I remember  Essex playing a benefit match in late September against some club XI or another back in the 70s, when we reversed the usual batting order and opened with John Lever & Ray East, I think?

Is it worth England giving this a try?

Offline DT

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 06:44:43 PM »
I remember  Essex playing a benefit match in late September against some club XI or another back in the 70s, when we reversed the usual batting order and opened with John Lever & Ray East, I think?

Funnily enough I said the same to someone at work - they really can’t do any worse.  At least Cooky dug in but then the shot he played to get out was horrendous for him!!

Offline nat

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 07:39:58 PM »

Don't think JK and Ray East are available.

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 08:30:46 PM »
My friend & I were discussing Ally & England at our game today - we think he will quit Tests after next year's Ashes, the only problem is who will replace him? Eng will need 2 new openers not 1, only Rory Burns seems suitable at present, nobody else springs to mind so Ally may even be asked to delay his decision, I hope not as he should do what is best for him.

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 08:32:20 PM »

Don't think JK and Ray East are available.

That's a shame :)