Author Topic: Finals Day .  (Read 19962 times)

Offline Mootown

Re: Finals Day .
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 09:41:02 AM »
Stew

I think it's it's a fair assessment. I hate people bashing county cricket but a couple of counties are just providing grist to the mill to the idiots who advocate a move to 8 super counties.

Notts are little better as they produce very few academy players.

It should be called out and highlighted.

Derby's are shopping in bargain basement compared to Notts but  at least Notts may be able to develop some of the young English talent they steal you would hope (this season aside!)

Offline JasonP

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 10:03:27 AM »
Stew

I think it's it's a fair assessment. I hate people bashing county cricket but a couple of counties are just providing grist to the mill to the idiots who advocate a move to 8 super counties.

Notts are little better as they produce very few academy players.

It should be called out and highlighted.

Derby's are shopping in bargain basement compared to Notts but  at least Notts may be able to develop some of the young English talent they steal you would hope (this season aside!)

Glamorgan are the worst where this is concerned.  They have the whole of Wales to get players from and yet since Simon Jones last played for England they've not produced anyone even half decent.  Them giving Labuschagne 3 months batting practice this summer has meant they have done far more damage to English cricket than anything positive towards it in the last 15 years.

Offline Mootown

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 10:37:55 AM »
Fair point. But Jones at least played this century. Did Cork?

I no cricket is popular in the north of Wales but it must be quite quite a difficult pathway given the distance to HQ.

I'm not sure how popular the game is in the south. But you would have to assume Cardiff, Newport and Swansea have decent numbers from south Asia so it's odd that to my reckoning they have never had a Welsh Asian origin player in the first xi.

Something clearly wrong there.

Doesn't let the others off.

Offline Captain Slaphead

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2019, 07:56:28 PM »
Anybody else been allocated crap seats at front of RES Wyatt Stand rather than the 'promised' Blocks 241/242??

Offline golden duck

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2019, 08:49:46 PM »
Block 242 Row EE for me. I'll take some binoculars!

Offline Captain Slaphead

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2019, 06:55:22 AM »
Block 242 Row EE for me. I'll take some binoculars!

GD
Interested in a swap?
CS

Offline golden duck

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2019, 08:30:41 AM »
No thanks, I'll take my chances with what I have.

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2019, 01:37:16 PM »
Anybody else been allocated crap seats at front of RES Wyatt Stand rather than the 'promised' Blocks 241/242??
I’m in that stand as well. All the way in the back at Row S. I’ll give you a wave ;)

Offline Can the Can

• Absolutely plumb?
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2019, 02:18:32 PM »
No Zampa this Saturday. Gone back already. Massive loss to the team in my opinion. Typical ECB - scheduling Finals Day the same day as the start of the Australian domestic season. I'm sure as a Cricket Australia centrally contracted player he has do as he's told in this instance.

I'd give Lawrence a bowl and have another bat. Maybe Chops back in to bat at 3 and Wheater back down the order.

Offline nat

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2019, 03:20:13 PM »
No Zampa this Saturday. Gone back already. Massive loss to the team in my opinion. Typical ECB - scheduling Finals Day the same day as the start of the Australian domestic season. I'm sure as a Cricket Australia centrally contracted player he has do as he's told in this instance.

I'd give Lawrence a bowl and have another bat. Maybe Chops back in to bat at 3 and Wheater back down the order.
Agreed. Walter might also be out. Dodgy digit.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »
The way Derbyshire are playing they will lose in two days and have plenty of rest/practice before Saturday.

Offline Valentines Park

• In Ron We Trust
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2019, 05:06:45 PM »
If Chopra plays then that's our T20 hopes over.

Offline Niel01

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2019, 05:21:48 PM »
We clearly never planned to get to the T20 Finals - no overseas "Stars" !!  I bet that none of the other three finalists will be without their quota of two Overseas Players.

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2019, 05:37:54 PM »
You lose your bet. Derby have only Van Beek who is pretty poor so does not always play. They bizarrely brought Boyd Rankin in for a couple of games before realising he is no good at 20/20.

Offline SirChef26

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
Notts have lost Imad Wasim for the same reason we lost Amir (PCB are massive bellends). Alex Hales though is flying back from CPL duty the night before. Here’s hoping his plane gets delayed! The big winners of the oversees farce are Worcestershire, who will have all their Kiwis back and available (Guptill and Rutherford).

Walter would be a miss in the field, very underrated out on the boundary, tall but athletic who normally holds his catches, everytime I’ve watched us on tele he’s looked good in the field. Batting and bowling less so. Nijar or Cook you’d imagine would come in for Zampa. But god knows who comes in for Walter if he’s injured. Whoever it is, we absolutely cannot disrupt the batting order, which seems to be working so they have to bat at 7 or lower. I guess the most like for like replacement would be Coles...

Personally I’d play Sir Chef at 7. If we’re gonna go out, we might as well go out in a blaze of square cuts! :D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 07:05:11 PM by Alex »