Author Topic: This seasons comp  (Read 9038 times)

Offline honkytonk

This seasons comp
« on: August 27, 2020, 06:56:28 PM »
How does qualification work??  3 groups this year so is it just the top from each along with the best runner up???

Offline nat

Re: This seasons comp
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 07:29:05 PM »
How does qualification work??  3 groups this year so is it just the top from each along with the best runner up???

top 2 in each group + 2 best 3rd placed teams

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »
Thanks

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 08:33:00 AM »
Maybe we can qualify again - with 10 points (1 for each washed out game!!)
Hopefully we can get through, as holders we should at least be good enough to do that, we will miss Ravi probably more than many of us think.

Offline honkytonk

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 08:40:41 AM »
Maybe we can qualify again - with 10 points (1 for each washed out game!!)
Hopefully we can get through, as holders we should at least be good enough to do that, we will miss Ravi probably more than many of us think.

Most sides will be missing players though (OS).  I thought the side we put out yesterday was not too bad all told. Decent batting line up and bowling options

Offline Andy

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 11:17:17 AM »

top 2 in each group + 2 best 3rd placed teams

More sensible than the Bob Willis Trophy.

Offline bwildered

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 04:48:46 PM »
Fantastic piece of Wheater wicket keeping standing up to Quinn, denies Surrey a final ball single, resulting in a tie . Getting Exessexman Foakes out in the over was the key.
Eagles batting still brittle in this competition . However Walter, looks like he could grab Ravi's vacancy in the side .

Offline LeedsExile

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 05:45:38 PM »
Walter is rapidly becoming the find of the season in both formats.

Offline nat

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 07:11:29 PM »

It's been quite a while coming but the green shoots of a player are there. So much natural ability but deary me I'd be biting my tongue big time if I were his coach/manager/captain. Giving decent post match interviews is obviously not a requirement to be a successful player but ....

Offline IlfordEagle

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2020, 07:20:06 PM »
We got out of jail turning a losing position into a tie, great credit to the team, now we need to start winning a few games. Such a pity there was no crowd to witness the game, they would have enjoyed it.

Offline Andy

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2020, 07:55:00 PM »

It's been quite a while coming but the green shoots of a player are there. So much natural ability but deary me I'd be biting my tongue big time if I were his coach/manager/captain. Giving decent post match interviews is obviously not a requirement to be a successful player but ....

Was it “a game of two halves” and “lots of positives taken from the match” whilst “nearly getting over the line”?

Does he need some extra nets in Aristotelian rhetoric? 

Offline nat

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 08:25:00 PM »

Was it “a game of two halves” and “lots of positives taken from the match” whilst “nearly getting over the line”?

Not even that good/bad.

Offline Perov

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2020, 07:23:19 AM »
It would be helpful if Paul Hiscock attended an interviewing skills course.
Long rambling statements posing as questions, interspersed with "we", does not come across as very professional.

Offline oldhasbeen

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020, 07:40:34 AM »

As long as he's playing well, I don't mind him coming out with "over the moon, Brian" or "the lads was well pleased"

He dun well did the boy Walter.

Does he need some extra nets in Aristotelian rhetoric?

Offline essexfan548

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2020, 10:01:04 AM »
It would be helpful if Paul Hiscock attended an interviewing skills course.
Long rambling statements posing as questions, interspersed with "we", does not come across as very professional.

I agree - sadly he needs to learn to ask questions not give his own view.